1010music Bluebox

8 Likes

Yeah youā€™d think so, if the firmware support on the Black Box is anything to go by it should be an easy addition if itā€™s not there already there, the outputs look capable

wow, here we go

2 Likes

Yepā€¦Iā€™m seeing cueā€¦Oops.

2 Likes

its looks pretty sweet. does what it says on the box. iā€™m into its simplicity, but yeah as loopop says timeline / punch-in / waveforms may be handy. i dig its speed and ease of use. have wanted something like this for a long time. no fuss, no thought required, plug in and multi-track record to save your jams from the ether

4 Likes

Yeah, and for folks like myself who has a BlackBox already, Iā€™ll be thinking of ways to use the two boxes together. Well said, looks simple, yet open ended on routing. Funny how I realised the website didnā€™t say anything about cues and then seconds later, Loopop saved the day. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

This looks like an amazing resource for playing live. Given the speculation over the TEā€™s new product prior to release and Historic requests for an Elektron product to do exactly what this seems to do, I have to say that this seems to be offering the solution that lots of people were looking for. Surprised itā€™s not had a more enthusiastic reception. 3.5mm are flimsierā€¦ but still perfectly workable

3 Likes

If you have the things like the PE tracker, Roland boutiques, Model series, volcas etc, this is nice little unit for mixing and recording your music without your computer. Iā€™m interested.

This seems to be what a lot of people have been asking for. Doesnā€™t appear to have gain at the input stage which is a shame.

I told you that is what Elektron should release next!! Looks very nice! @Elektronimage

1 Like

TAKE MY MONEY! Seriously though, are these already available somewhere?

1 Like

Hit product! :tm:

I can easily see two of these chained, side-by-side.

Available in December according to 1010 Musicā€™s website.

8 Likes

Ah ok missed that detail. Thatā€™s unfortunate

How much gear do you have without a volume knob?

1 Like

Good review from Loopop but not much talk about the actual output quality beyond the numbers. With eq, fx and compression, that matters. I got a review unit incoming so Iā€™ll be focusing more on that, less about what it can and canā€™t do. A mixer with top features is no good if it does stuff to your sound you donā€™t want.

16 Likes

No 44.1khz is a dealbreaker for me, in all other respects though I think it looks quite nice.

Iā€™m gonna keep my eyes on this one.

Iā€™ve had a few things over the years that were just quiet and needed a bit of gain. Even with the volume knob turned up :grinning:

Few bitsā€¦ e.g. Octatrack/tempest/Nord modular if I use the second set of outputs, axoloti, it can be easier to balance volumes via one interface sometimesā€¦ seems a shame interface doesnā€™t allow for it.

1 Like

Exactly what I need. Very cool.

It might well have a digital gain adjustment? I just didnā€™t see anything about analogue gain pre converters.