[Closed] : 1010 Music Nanobox Lemondrop & Fireball pre-launch speculation

Im sorry where is everyone seeing an effects box!? Isnt it a granular synth?

If it had Direct sampling then it would have been really interesting but importing Wav files isn’t my cup of tea really

They sent you demo units! How long have you had them?!

1 Like

Feeling the same. Compare the micromonsta 2 (which I already own) with the wavetable synth. Micromonsta has (limited) wavetables and is bitimbral for a lower price, so it will depend very much on the feature set wether I want to get the fireball.

I’m under embargo.

But you’ll know soon enough :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Tell you what, fellas -

When the embargo lifts, I’ll be around to answer questions, if anyone’s interested. You’ll find me in this thread when it’s due time.

4 Likes

Erm … we now have 3 competing threads on the subject … not sure if we need an intervention from the mods ?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this one. I’m flagging mine for deletion.

1 Like

Honestly not sure what’s best. Usually there’s one thread per product, but right now, at least until launch, one thread for the whole product family may make more sense.

2 Likes

Too much for me, a 2inch touch screen isn’t going to help much and for almost £400 you have a lot of choice, from an OP-Z with several engines and a great sequencer if portability is your thing to a full synth like a Deepmind 6! Or you can but a Modal Skulpt 4 voice and Uno analogue synth and a little control keyboard for less than than a Nanobox and still be portable/battery powered (which it seems like the Nanobox isn’t so I am not really seeing the point of it being so small?)

If these don’t sequence as well and are just very small digital ‘sound modules’ for £400 I think they may struggle…

2 Likes

Admit it, you’re dropping an album made with these two… capitalizing on Bandcamp Friday…

I’m here for it!

2 Likes

2 dedicated threads have been created.
What’s your opinion:

• keep this one, close the 2 others
    • close this one, keep the others

0 voters

2 Likes

I can understand why they’ve made 2 boxes but I suspect they’re just different firmware.

Thanks!

wish they allowed delay / reverb on FX1 slot as well :frowning: - maybe in firmware update.

Aww so cute! :heart_eyes_cat:

A bit too pricey for me though, with age I’m turning into a Scrooge. With whats on offer at a similar price point, these seem a bit much.

Do you know if the updated Blackbox engine as well or it’s just for BB micro?

That may change things if you can have both the WT and the Granular for the price, strange to not make that the main ,marketing focus though if that’s the case- why not just pick your colour and load either synth?

this thread could be tricky to untangle if the posts need to go to the other two separate topics on these new items

imho fwiw they are different and should probably have separate topics

Sorry OP - it was easier to salvage specific posts into the new separate threads, but this topic will be visible for the remaining pre-launch speculation etc