10 minutes jam, OT, Rytm, A4, MnM, Op1, guitar

10 minutes jam, OT, Rytm, A4, MnM, Op1, guitar

I love watching fact magazines „against the clock“. (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg5ScSqSDXsvXVvNqW42AjfOmPjIupYZH) where artists from all over the world try to create something in just 10 minutes. It´s fun to watch but really challenging to do. So I tried it by myself. And time flies by. It´s unbelievable how long it takes to just get started… All I prepared where some quick sounds on the machines and then I just started.

Go try it by yourself. It´s tough, but still fun. And a good practice, too. Let me know what you think.

I used:
chain 1: Teenage Engineering Op1 - Elektron Monomachine - Elektron Analog 4 - Elektron Analog Rytm - Elektron Analog Heat -
chain 2: iconnect audio 4+: vocals, Nord stage Piano, Fender jazzmaster guitar into an iPad running audiobus, voalive and tonestack -

both chains into an Elektron Octatrack

Thanks for watching.

2 Likes

Ive probably watched the Four Tet 10 minute challenge 3 or 4 times now. Very inspiring how he takes some Michael Jackson samples and creates something very Four Tet out of it. Can imagine 10 minutes just flies by! Always meant to give it a go as a sort of challenge to myself.

Enjoyed what you came up with though. Something a little different. I guess its all too easy to fall into the 120bpm 4 to the floor thing when up against it so nice to hear something chilled and different.

2 Likes

Thanks. Inspiring to see the different workflows. The comments on YouTube though, are often fucked up.

1 Like