1 hour techno liveset w/ 2x Digitakt

Hi wave, yeah I’m Dutch :slight_smile:

Follow me at https://facebook.com/davemechlive
Coming months I’m going to try hard and get some gigs. As I’m horrible at that kind of stuff it’ll be a learning experience as well. Plan on sharing that process on youtube as well as much as I can. Thanks for the support ! Really means a lot.

Cheers, thanks for subscribing !

Sounds like a great setup too man :slight_smile:

4 beat loop is no limitation. I almost never use the 4 beats. Mostly 1 or fewer. I see the looping as creating a new element within a groove.

Hmm, maybe there’s a max4live plugin that makes it possible? No idea tbh. It’s a pretty unique feature indeed. If I come up with something I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Db4 is 4 bar loop (16 beat)…same length as an electron pattern…

1 Like

Yeah my bad. I meant 4 bar. I mostly use 1 bar or less.

Gotta love the short loops fx’ed up under another techno track…:wink:

1 Like

A one shot recorder trig with a flex set to playback from the same step can work for this. When you arm the one shot and recording begins the flex will play what’s being recorded, when the recoding is finished the flex will start playing the loop and you will no longer hear the inputs…
Or you can have a constant recorder trig going and remove it during the pass you would like to loop.

I’m pretty sure it works with quantized manual sampling as well as long as the settings are such that when you press record it is quantized to start at the same step as the play trig…

There’s probably other sneaky ways too…

Hi Mike, thanks, I have been trying this without luck. Just to be sure, what I’m trying to achieve is, hearing the incoming audio on AB, press Yes or set a trigger so a loop is being recorded, once the recording is finished the internal audio AB should be muted and the loop should play until I want to go back to the AB audio in signal. Something similar as what the DB4 loopers do.

The one shot trig does the trick except for the fact that I can not hear the incoming audio before arming the recording.
The constant recording trig allows you to hear the incoming signal, but I’m not sure how to stop the loop and go back to the input signal AB only…

Ah, perfect, thanks!

Yeah. You can create whole new grooves that way within seconds :slight_smile:

Oh like @ 57:45 - reminds me of Damon Wild or stuff on synewave

1 Like

That’s a huge compliment! thank you :smiley:

Sounds good. I’d pay cash to watch it live.