1.23 Problem with A4 and Octa, can anyone replicate?

Ok I’ve posted about this before but no one seemed to know anything.

Support told me to downgrade to 1.22 because of a bug with the CHG parameter in track scale setup. This hasn’t fixed the issue whatsoever so I could do with someone else confirming the issue before I contact support again. Im not amused because downgrading and upgrading has wiped out all the sounds in my project, grrr.

If anyone could replicate this, that would be great :

Octatrack set to 64 step, 1/2 scale, 128 master

A4 set to the same 64 step, 1/2 scale, 128 master

Octatrack as master sending clock, transport and program change

With this particular setup, I would expect the A4 to exactly mirror any pattern changes on the Octatrack. The problem I am having is that the A4 leds show that the pattern has changed but the audio is clearly still playing the previous pattern for 64 steps before the change actually occurs.

The only way for the A4 to change patterns exactly the same as the Octatrack is for the A4 track scale be set to 1 and not 1/2. This is clearly not how it was designed.

Can anyone confirm that with this setup, the A4 takes an extra pattern cycle before it actually switches pattern?

Anyone?

FWIW this issue is not limited to 1.23, I’ve tried 1.23, 1.23b and 1.22 and all are affected.

Yes, it’s a known bug and a REAL pain in the ass. Only easy way around is to limit yourself to patterns of length 64 and scale 1 on A4 preventing the possibility of long polyrhythms. I really wish this would be fixed.

More info…

2 Likes

Thanks for the link! I’m still waiting on a reply from support on this.

I have to say, I’m not happy with this, I got an A4 because it was supposed to go with an Octatrack so well but the reality is that the impressive A4 sequencer is crippled when it’s slaved to another machine. Not good…

FWIW I tried the ‘direct change’ setting as suggested in the linked thread but it makes no difference, the A4 sequencer always takes an extra 64 steps until it switches pattern.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [BUG] Analog Four time scales and Octatrack pattern switching