1.02b

List of changes from OS 1.02 to 1.02B
Changes
Pad pressure (aftertouch) modulation can now be applied also from the CHROMATIC pad page.
Sample filenames and directory names on the +DRIVE can now contain more than 16 characters. When
renaming such objects inside the machine, the NAME menu will be able to scroll left or right to view the
complete name. When highlighting a file or directory with a long name inside the SAMPLE BROWSER,
the name will be scrolled back and forth to make the complete name readable.
The rename window now remembers previously inserted character, allowing for slightly faster writing.
When erasing parameter locks during live record, empty trigless locks are now removed from the pattern
when no locks remain, to make it easier to erase recorded automation.
USB MIDI clock data is no longer sent in the middle of a USB MIDI sysex message, due to bad support
in several Computer Operating systems. This should make sysex transfers more robust on certain
configurations.
Bug Fixes
After previewing very short samples, it was not possible to delete them from the +DRIVE until next
reboot of the machine. Fixed.
The metronome preroll did not work (regression in 1.02). Fixed.
The global track routing was not properly stored in the global slot. Fixed.
An empty pattern could sometimes contain advanced scale settings from a previous pattern on the same
position. Fixed.
When changing active track from within the VELOCITY MOD and AFTERTOUCH menus, the menus
did not reflect the modulation settings of the new track until re-opened. Fixed.
Attempting to paste or clear trigs outside the length of the current track would cause the sequencer to
stop (due to the normal pause/stop functionality of the transport keys). Fixed.
The shortest available note length (0.125) could not be manually selected, and was also presented as
ERROR rather than 0.125 when being live recorded. Fixed.
When sending MIDI Clock and Transport, the internal seqeuncer would sometimes start one MIDI tick
too early, resulting in bad sync. Fixed.
When trigging the tracks via the lowest MIDI octave, the tracks would trigger regardless of which MIDI
channel was used. It should only be possible on AUTO channel and on the TRK channels. Fixed.

The global track routing was not properly stored in the global slot. Fixed.

Yay!

When sending MIDI Clock and Transport, the internal seqeuncer would sometimes start one MIDI tick too early, resulting in bad sync. Fixed.

I was wondering what was going on here.

Some proper good bug fixes here. Thanks a lot!

Track Routing saves! Awesome.

My MIDI IN stop working, it works just for Track 1 Channel 1 and all the other tracks Track2 Channel 2, Track3 Channel 3, Track4 Channel 4 … etc… are not working! :frowning:

it is possible to down grade from 1.02B to the 1.02?

I was just going on my computer to post the same. I tried downgrading and it didn’t work. Re-upgraded to 1.02b and still the same issue.

Midi channel 1 is working but any others are non-responsive to midi input.

Sample filenames and directory names on the +DRIVE can now contain more than 16 characters.

Hallelujah!

Hmm, good shout, I think I’ll wait til it’s rectified in the next OS before upgrading then. Shouldn’t be too long hopefully, they seem to be keeping on top of the bugs.

The midi bug just slipped out at the last moment. New version is on the way!

Nice that undo is now available in external sync :slight_smile:

i just updated from OS 1.0 to OS 1.02B. But i dont have the new presets. I did the factory reset as recommended but for example Cymbal still has no presets.

EDIT: my fault i had the Sound Browser FILTER set to KICK :slight_smile:
Now i also have the new presets.

Are there new presets since 1.02?

Sure why not add back the ring mod drum synth code as you are doing the next build for the midi bug anyway … just while you are at it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up, i was going crazy thinking why did all my midi tracks worked yesterday… je

Waiting eagerly for the new MIDI bug Fix…

Thanks for the great work!

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting that MIDI bug. It is now fixed!
Go get 1.02C here: http://www.elektron.se/products/analog-rytm?section=downloads

Cheers
/U

Excellent! will test it tonight! tnx