0-Day Sysex | Acuate Distress

Mmmm…Max patches…enticing.

@Ess - no joke - you are definitely one of the most inspiring musicians out there for me right now. Rock on.

2 Likes

Bloody hell! This is brilliant! I dont often get excited about new music but this one is hot!
Definitely purchasing this (to support the maker, I dont have a digitakt)

@Ess is this Squein you? or another artist?

Props.

@Ess this is so cool! I’ve long been curious about what the max-patches for the Digitone prototyping was. I’m glad this was made available for exploration.

Not to mention the samples and patterns being included as well.

Very cool and I’m grateful this was made available for purchase.

The album sounds great, too!

I fed the samples to the Borderlands granular app = :robot: :space_invader: :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

@josker thank you so much! I’m very happy to be able to inspire.

@Ryan thank you for the support!

2 Likes

Is this series going to be limited to elektron gear or do you consider others as well?

And what about Model:Samples?

No, it’s not going to be limited to Elektron gear, it’s just what I’ve had ready at hand, with some ideas etc. Also they’re convenient for this format. Would be cool to release some more esoteric stuff like .mod formats, Ableton sets, etc… :slight_smile:

@jottwehh the samples are compatible with M:S, Rytm etc if that is what you’re asking.

2 Likes

The Samples are only half of the awesomeness… I would love to see and learn from your patterns (like I did on DN).

Yes, this is my music - should have made that a bit clearer! Haha.

@jottwehh oh ok, I don’t use Model:Samples personally, but I’m going to release other people’s stuff soon who knows if it shows up in the mix somewhere.

1 Like

okay…pretty freakin sweet. Angular Curve and Intermediate Cubism are totally standout to me. :+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

ill assume these are done without song mode…OOOOOOOH! :smiley:

adding…Static Occlusion is SUPER good!

Here’s a glitchy, jazzy beat I made with a remix of @Ess 's asymmetery and glocknhell.

1 Like

Mashup of Andnod on Acute Distress and Cest on MindMelt.

Apologies for being late to the party, but i’m new to the Elektron gear and just recently purchased a Digitakt, so still finding my way round the workflow.

Anyways, seen Ess had released this album with the patterns/sounds available to use on the Digitakt, i’ve loaded the project sysex and uploaded the Project samples folder to the Digitakt incoming folder, but how do I get the project to play the correct project samples? I selected all the samples in the Project folder and imported into the project, but they aren’t playing back properly, anyone have an idea what i’m doing wrong? Is there a specific way i’m supposed to be loading this?

Cheers

1 Like

I have the same problem, did you succeed?

cc: @Ess

The Project should load the appropriate samples automatically once the samples (first) and SysEx (second) is transferred to the machine. If this isn’t working it could be an issue with SysEx incompatibility between updates which really shouldn’t happen … That’s something for the Elektron Support team though.

In any case I would try to re-send the project SysEx and see if it loads the samples correctly after they already have been transferred. If you just load them manually they will not be in the right spot.

Note that there are a bunch of bonus samples in that download that won’t have any project ties – so make sure those aren’t the ones being uploaded instead. (Should be fairly obvious though, just wanted to make sure)

3 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply! Does the directory on the Digitakt must have a specific name?

No, Digitakt identifies samples by another mean. So you can basically put a sample anywhere in the Digitakt, the folder is just a convention that is ignored by the projects.
For instance, you cannot upload twice the same sample.