Your most beautiful instrument

I feel you, CalloftheVoid! Not sure I’ll ever be able to afford even a small sized 200e system, but the BME definitely satisfies my hunger for that sound! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Mother 32 is the prettiest cabbage in my patch.

1 Like

Pint of LSD and a Volca Keys is probably closest I’ll get to touching a BME :wink:

1 Like

vote for Sub37, not mine jet but… gas gas gas… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just remembered, the Genoqs Octopus sequencer.

I didn’t own one, but it was the only bit of gear my wife said she would allow in our living room.

17 Likes

for me it is my elektron stuf. it’s like one instrument (and posted in ‘my setups’

Look at this beauty… Isn’t it magnificent ?

44 Likes

A bit ot. Mind elaborating on the PB? I want to make the leap but im worried that it’s just the same tones over and over. Your thoughts? Is that why you moved it on?

No problem… I’ll PM ya so we can stay on topic here though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Favorite that I own would be Monomachine. I love silver faced synths since my first encounter with an analog synth when I was young (a Steiner-Parker synthacon). The fact that it’s brought me so much joy while being so pretty to look at… :love_hotel: .

I have an original series MoogerFooger ring mod from the Big Briar era. I’ve had it for 16+ years now. And the wood siding is looking beautiful with age. I like that it’s got Bob Moog’s signature on the front where the Moog logo is now. I used to think the wood siding was a cute little gimmick but I really appreciate how it ages.

My jx-03 It literally sleeps with me and my Octatrack

5 Likes

OP-1 for me.

1 Like

mmmh… cant choose:

a) my modular system (mostly filled with doepfer stuff) because of the genius warmth…
b) my fender aerodyne jazz bass (because of the sound and the gorgeous all black finish look)
c) my doublebass, because of pure wood makes the most perfect sound
d) my AR, because it gave me a totally quicker approach on beats…
e) my toca congas, cause beside all instruments… this is the one i always come back too :-)) just fun playing them

so… i am lost… cant make a decision. .-))

Second that ! :slight_smile:

I can’t choose between these, I lose myself for hours with them both…

11 Likes

No Instrument is beautiful

They are tools

Pick the most beautiful screwdriver out of yr box…

A stanley knife aint beautiful … it does a job.

Posting photos of your wife as an instrument is odd.

1 Like

I think I have to say this is my most beautiful instrument:

But the Seaboard Rise 25 is quite attractive to my eyes as well.

Or, since it’s racked up, if I could count this as one instrument, I’d have a debate on my hands:

7 Likes

oh wow :heart_eyes:

I typically don’t like to feed the trolls, but you sir or ma’am have made an erroneous statement!

Instruments are not “just tools.”

To the builder of a fine instrument, visual aesthetic and overall ‘beauty’ are part and parcel.

I haven’t spent any considerable amount of time in life trying to master the screwdriver… basically understood it since the first go round. Maybe I’m a natural…

7 Likes

tools.

beauty is created from the tools… the chisel. the hammer. the rasp.

not beautiful instruments