Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

not bad, if this is really your first piece of kit :wink:

I did something new with the Digitakt today as well. Itā€™s some Dub Techno this time, have a listen:

Slowly this thread turns into some kind of a ā€œself-promotionā€ Place i think :smiley: What do you think? Do we need a self-promo Section here at Elektronauts? I mean: We have the ā€œOwn Musicā€ Category, but while browsing the Forum every here and then, i noticed that a lot of Tracks posted from People in this Category are simply ignored.

Why is that? Did Elektronauts became a pure ā€œtalking about the News, about Gear, about technical Stuff - but not focussing on the creative Part of our existenceā€-Forum these days?? :smiley:

13 Likes

How many patterns comprise ā€œKing-Princenā€, if you donā€™t mind sharing? Nice work, btw

edit: how did you make the kick (on ā€œA - Gistā€, for example) so clean and hard-hitting? - is it just the quality of the sample?

p.s. King-Princen and SleepX are my favorites of the lotā€¦ really well done

Hi, Thanks!

King Princen is 2 patterns and the kick in A-gist is an high quality sample from an sample pack.
Sleepx was my 2nd track with the digi but never recorded it

@ umonox well i had the 1st electribe er1 but could not get what i wanted out of that was like 10 years agoā€¦i always dj-ed so that helps i think

Like this one very much! nice atmospheres

thanks mate! yeah, that makes sense. i was never into DJing, always worked with a DAW only and went into Hardware later. was kind of a turn by 180 degree at that time :slight_smile:

Man - a lot of cool stuff in here. I got a Digitakt to have something to play around with when I have a few minutes on the couch, and itā€™s been great for that and given me so much more. I find myself getting pulled in and spending hours tweaking, arranging, playing. Itā€™s so much fun. Iā€™m working my way toward making a full track, so Iā€™ll post when ready. In the meantime, what is the recording workflow that you guys are using? Straight into DAW or Audacity, polish and thatā€™s it, or is there a better way? Iā€™m open to suggestions, especially if there are ways to make recording more portable.

1 Like

Straight into audacity and then intensify the output with an mastering app LANDR. If overbridge comes out maybe then i will use an DAW

straight into Ableton Live with the Heat as Audio Interface and totally overcompressing it with Ozone - thats what i do :wink:

1 Like

This ugly exercise in sound design was conceived on DT and later squeezed through HEAT.

https://soundcloud.com/pill-pop/pillpop-catfucker

5 Likes

Havenā€™t made any finished studio tracks yet, but Iā€™m posting jams to my IG and YouTube, having a ton of fun with it.

Spacey Jungle/DnB

Super noisey distorted 808 jam for 8/08/17

20 Likes

Tasty

1 Like

I whish there was a way to sacrifice a track to record the dynamic mute states within a patternā€¦
nice soundingā€¦ love the noiseā€¦

2 Likes

that 808 day jam is awesome! really nice beat/sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or like if you are in live record have them get plocked into the tracks.

2 Likes

yep, great stuff mate! seen these videos on YT already, keep it up! Distortion is coming from the Digi, or have you plugged the Heat behind it? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! The 808 track has a Boss BD-2 on an aux send. I want a Heat so bad tho!

1 Like

tonights noodle
triggering bass notes by using retrokits cable from midi track 1 into digitakt.
although it probably doesnt sound like it , it helped that i didnt have to program 4 x patterns .

1 x 16 step pattern with knob twiddling.

8 Likes

Synths are from an OB-6, but the rest is Digitakt!

15 Likes

the problem with digitakt is its 8 note limit. most of this stuff sounds unfinished. i realize that there were trackers back in the day that only played a few tracks but nowdays when everybody has so many options, do people really want to put in the effort to squeeze into such a small space? and with such limited sound sculpting optionsā€¦ i guess the effort + talent is what counts. but that certainly narrows the field of people equipped to make do. we need a savant to use it well lol

Itā€™s a sampler that can resample. You can do an unlimited amount of things with that if youā€™re creative.

13 Likes