You can have 1 FX box only, what would it be?

Maybe wait to see what’s up with the OTO Boum? (It’ll be awhile, though.)

1 Like

Ive wanted an OTO for a while…

Monomachine is a wonderfully versatile FX box for the money. It often gets overlooked as a dedicated FX box but it is more than capable.

It has 2 ins, and 6 outputs. Routing is versatile (assignable, neighbor).

Can run as many as 6 different FX (Reverb, Chorus, Comp, Ring Mod, Phase, Flange)

• 6 HPF w/ env + 6 LPF w/ env + 6 one-band EQ + 6 Delay + 6 Dist + 6 Sample Rate Reducers + 6 ADSRs
  • 18 LFOs
  • a sequencer for each FX track, with p-locks
    p-lockable envelopes, pan… everything, really.

Can also be midi sequencer, synth and/or drum machine, too :wink:

MM can do just about everything, and more than a few things at once. Unless you want that real long decay Eventide/Strymon reverb, it’s worth a look as a multi FX processor.

4 Likes

Guys… I did it.

Couldn’t resist…

8 Likes

Ditto. I just got a DP4 this summer. It isn’t the easiest thing to use but almost all parameters and routing is configurable. With current prices you can get one for under $400. You can have four quality processors for less than $100 each.

1 Like

I cannot fathom what that and your OB6 are capable of. :ocean::volcano:

I’m pondering one too. This doesn’t help the Don’t vote.

1 Like

It seems like I might have missed the boat…but the Gotharman FX deformer looks very cool… Four kinds of distortion, filters, reverbs / delays and lots of granular stuff too
http://www.gotharman.dk/fxdeformer.htm

Great choice

OB is good… i returned the keyboard version to opt for the desktop as I am running out of space -

I have to say though, what I am MORE impressed with… is adding the H9 to the Vermona Perfourmers signal… O M G.

Hah, saw the topic and was just about to post a pic of an H9! :smiley:

It’s great! (Have two)

My echoplex and Moog phaser provide 90% of effects in my tracks. I love them both dearly.

I like unique sounding effects and after having a few lackluster (ie. cheap) multieffects units I favor boxes that specialize in a single effect that they do very well.

1 Like

The OB6 doesn’t need external effects. They actually hinder the sound of the OB IMO :sketchy: :thup:

Ok guys… first take on using the H9 Max which I used solely on the Vermona Perfourmer outputs… I love this little stompbox… I hope you like:

Track can be found here:

https://soundcloud.com/nikarga/vermin

1 Like

Would love to see this thread come back from the dead and see some more suggestions.

My vote is the AK :grin:

admittedly I don’t own one but it would seem the Empress ZOIA could be the one and only.

1 Like

Arguably i’d say some of the old top range rack multi fx units are superior to the modern pedals.

Lexicon pcm 81/91, TC Electronic etc. They seems to be out of fashion these days but they’re much more versatile.

1 Like

H9 Max for me. I’ve been putting individual outs from my Tanzmaus (via my Mackie 802 mixer aux send) through it and it’s brilliant.

Probaby the Bastl Thyme, or if not that then the Jomox T-Resonator II. They’re both versatile enough on their own to make anything sound good.

I have one and can confirm Zoia.

2nd is iPad with apps and interface.

H9 while def amazing quality seems limited. Thyme looks great.