Yet Another Prg Ch Q (solved)

I wonder if anyone can confirm or shed light on this

When I set the OT to send Prg Ch explicitly on channel 14 it works fine
(AR Rcv on Auto=14)

When I set the Prg Send to Auto which is set to Ch 14 it doesn’t, it actually sends on Ch 2 ! Easy to monitor with MidiMonitor and also that AR does not change patterns

bug or my oversight ?

Ok, Sicijk post (last comment here) sheds light, i.e. BUG, from a year ago ! Edit: solved below :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s check against the description on page 42 of the manual:

If AUTO is chosen the first MIDI channel used by the audio tracks, and not used by any of the MIDI tracks, will be used.

Would that fit the behaviour that you observed?

Using a value of AUTO for the CHANNEL setting in the PROJECT > MIDI > SYNC menu does not mean that you are setting the Program Change channel to have the same value as that for the AUTO channel in the PROJECT > MIDI > CHANNELS menu.

I doubt that you have found a bug, but please confirm.

1 Like

Well, that seems like i’ve assumed too much, which makes no sense for a name like auto anyway, oops. Time to reread the manual and to be honest it’s no hardship to explicitly chose, glad i didn’t throw this one the way of elektron :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Auto in that menu does not equate to Auto Ch, easy to make that mistake again i fear, thanks peter for pointing out the slip up :+1:

1 Like

Agreed; it’s crazy.

1 Like