Will the upcoming update wipe our machines?

I’m loving my digitakt so far - but it came with the newest update, so I haven’t gotten to see how a machine responds to being updated. Is there a chance that once the update is issued in February that installing it will wipe our Machines of the samples and projects we have created? Sorry if this has been asked before. I looked through old posts and didn’t see anything addressing it.

Never had that problem with any of my Elektrons over the years…but I guess it’s always possible!

Just back it all up beforehand :joy:

9 Likes

Lol@psyclone001

That is so funny and panic inducing at the same time :smiley:

1 Like

You should have P L E N T Y of time to back it up :grin:

Back it up how?

I personally don’t think this will be necessary. But maybe they will give us an actual solution to back things up first, like a separate program or something. So you first back things up then update in any case. I personally wouldn’t think Elektron is that unprepared though it’s obvious at this point the Device is in a beta state at best and many things I’d consider crucial aren’t implemented, and probably won’t be in the next update either.

It might only wipe stuff in bank A and B of the demo project, one update did that when they added new demo patterns. Though if they change any stuff like bit reduction or something it might impact all your patterns.

1 Like

eh, kinda annoying if the bit crusher changes since I’ve been using it as a distortion in god know how many patterns. Oh well

Yeah I agree. But I’d also like it to be fixed. Hopefully Elektron has wizards that can fix it while not changing any old patterns using it.

1 Like