Why is this forum so nice?

On a positive note, try 4 trigs apart in chromatic mode, that’s a major third… Keys 1 and 5 for example… :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

This forum is pretty cool how active it is… I feel like part of a daily ongoing conversation as opposed to some other forums I read once in awhile where posts have much more time in between, like days vs minutes…
I also feel like I’ve gotten to know some of you without ever seeing you which is pretty strange and cool…
Just sayin, it’s fun group whether or not it’s currently going up, down, sideways, or quadrilateral… :rofl:

9 Likes

Another interesting aspect of this forum is that it’s full of 40 year-old chaps / chapettes… I wonder what the mean age of Elektronauts forum members is.

1 Like

I’m 39…
I’m giving myself the rest of the year to f*** around…
Next year I’ll try being an adult… (Maybe :wink:)

3 Likes

By the way Elektron, I guess your in the clear, @Ryan has a Digitone… :joy:
It’s a bit feisty out there but Ryan’s what a gauge things on, so, it looks like you’ll be alright… Haha :rofl:

2 Likes

Here’s an older post from 2015 > How old are you and where are you from?

After quite a few replies I counted the average age to be 37 - and yep mostly blokes - unfortunately.

This forum is a bit like an ICT department full of nerds. Myself included so no offence… just sayin’

I’ve been studying social behavior, specifically obsessive behavior in digital culture. The small town (vimeo) vs big city (youtube) is an interesting observation. When looking at specialized communities such as electronic music forums you have the same trend, but most ‘small towns’ in electronic music are not just smaller versions of say Harmony Central, Sonicstate, TGP or Gearslutz, they are built around a brand or specific device. When a small town all have the same hobby and gather every evening in a local tavern to discuss it, it will be in general a happy and friendly environment.

These are just my observations and I need to read a lot more before I can say grownup things about social psychology, but I believe that large online communities are unhealthy. As certain primates do when their groups become to large, we should split and create more specialized smaller fora! Not subforums, but different sites all together. People troll, envy, gas and hate on eachother everywhere, but it’s still an anomaly for someone from a Les Paul DIY forum to come here to tell us we are wasting money on toys (par example).

(What a rambling wall of text, aaarhh)

Anyway, try to be nice and honest, it fixed most problems!

6 Likes

What gets me thinking is that I talk to people on here daily and I’ve got no idea what any of you look like. I also wonder what people think I look like :thinking:

3 Likes

I am actually a lamb.

4 Likes

I mean, I just go by their avatar pictures…

On a related note, I work from home through an online company/service. There was a brief period of time a few years back where my job started doing like a “focus on X person” type of thing, and part of it was a game to have everyone guess what they looked like, and whoever was closest got some small bonus or something, and at the end of the month would be the “big reveal” with pictures and stuff.

It was pretty funny, yet strange… like unsettlingly strange… to hear what other people thought I looked like… and for me to try to picture myself looking like that.

1 Like

Hey lamb, nice to meet you! Mr dog here

2 Likes

Coincidently just last night I had the idea of creating a thread where we actually post pictures of ourselves…
I didn’t though, I don’t know. I think some prefer not knowing but they could always just not look at that thread?
Just a thought…

2 Likes

like gated-communities?

1 Like

It’s only fair you see what I look like then

@Open_Mike I kind of like not knowing but I am curious. That said with the amount of everyday real life ugly I see on so much as a walk to the shop it may be best not to find out

1 Like

No gates, full open!

1 Like

came here to say this, too! love that forum

Imagine Brad Pit had a baby with James Coburn, and you’ll start to get the essence of my beauty.

I’m a little green worm.

4 Likes

oh god no
brad coburn

3 Likes