Why do scene settings don't load for pickup tracks changing banks?

I have posted this in another thread but I think it is too unrelated to the original question so I will start this one.

I have a pickup machine in pattern 1, bank B. I have 2 scenes that fade the volume of that track from max to min. (scene A to B). Sequencer is running.
On pattern 1, bank A, I have a pickup machine with the same record buffer obviously, and with the scenes copied. So if I switch from bank B pattern 1 to bank A pattern 1, and both scenes say that the volume should be “min”, it should be mute.
But it doesn’t do that. The pickup track doesn’t respond to the scene settings. The muted pickup track suddenly outputs volume and the volume stays high in scene A as well as in scene B. The other way around as well: if I change banks when the pickup is set to vol “min” in that scene, it stays min, even if I slide the crossfader to the scene with the max setting.
And then I went further: the pickup machines don’t respond to any scene settings while changing banks. Tried the same thing with flex machines and it works perfectly. Definitely a bug. Any suggestions for a workaround?
Already filed a ticket. The response was that I should put a trigless trig on that track with a mute. But I can’t put any trigs on pickup tracks…

note: when I reload the part after I have switched banks, the correct values jump into place. Only having this issue with pickups. The same thing with flex machines works perfectly.

Yeah try to put a trig anywhere to recall the part.
Not sure if it works for all tracks scene settings but I’d give it a try.

Yeah try to put a trig anywhere to recall the part.
Not sure if it works for all tracks scene settings but I’d give it a try.

There are trigs on other tracks. Which leads them to respond to the scene settings. But there is no way to my knowledge to put a trig on a pickup track. Which is probably the reason why the part settings don’t get loaded for that track. Still a bug though.

For sure. I don’t know workarounds if you want to change part and make changed settings effective with a Pickup track. @Open_Mike, @Clancy, @avantronica, @pselodux…?

I wrote my idea on the other thread…
It’s to early here for me to describe in detail but I’ve written about this behavior multiple times on the forum before if you search my posts…
Here’s my idea, my machines are in nap time this month so can’t test… :smile:

1 Like

It seems to work using a pattern with another part / Flex between the 2 Pickups patterns.

Patt 1, Part 1, T1 = Pickup
Patt 2, Part 2, T2 = FLEX
Patt 3, Part 3, T3 = Pickup

I had weird things with Statics (no sound), and actually scenes changes become effective after playing Patt 2 with Flex. After that you can switch between Patt 1 and 3, plockable parameters seems to work. :sketchy:
I didn’t saved / reload parts.
More tests needed.

To make test with Pickups, you can load a file instead of recording something.
TRACK+BANK > FILE > LOAD NEW SAMPLE
or replace corresponding RxRecording by another file.

1 Like

I could plock VOL and use scenes with 2 Pickups, just saving and reloading parts.

I tested with different banks too, but AFAIK you can test with different parts, it will behave the same.

When you say copied scenes did you copy them or recreate from scratch? If the former it could be a bug with scene copy, so try manually recreating the scene on the other part maybe?

1 Like

I tried again with a new project.
Bank A / patt 1 / part 1 / T1 Pickup
Bank B / patt 1 / part 1 / T1 Pickup

Apparently scenes changes are not effective
if I switch between Bank A / part 1 and Bank B / part 1. I have to reload parts to hear scenes changes (reload doesn’t work if one part has the pickup reversed).

Scenes changes are immediately effective if I choose Bank A / part 1 and Bank B / PART 2:thinking:
Weird, no ? @Rusty ? Can parts be related between banks ?

But it seems to work without part reload this way, even with XLEVEL, and a pickup reversed.12

2 Likes

Sounds like a bug @sezare56. There are/were known bugs around pickups, memory and records… tbh; Pickups are probably my least used machines, well, those and Neighbor.

I’d have to do some test cases, but I’m very busy right now, and I’d say it’s just a bug in the OS.

2 Likes

I tried again with a new project.
Bank A / patt 1 / part 1 / T1 Pickup
Bank B / patt 1 / part 1 / T1 Pickup
Apparently scenes changes are not effective
if I switch between Bank A / part 1 and Bank B / part 1. I have to reload parts to hear scenes changes

that was indeed why I started this thread :wink:

Scenes changes are immediately effective if I choose Bank A / part 1 and Bank B / part 2…:thinking:
Weird, no ? @Rusty ? Can parts be related between banks ?
But it seems to work without part reload this way, even with XLEVEL, and a pickup reversed.

Wow that would be the best workaround so far. Didn’t go as far as trying different parts on the different banks. They must be related somehow indeed. Major breakthrough thanks!!!
:medal_military:

2 Likes