Keep on Padding :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love it!!

Beautiful work by everyone!

Now you can augment the thread title with: [SOLVED]

2 Likes

very nice pads here!

amazing pads!!
and is it possible that it sounds this way?

1 Like

Yeah, nice pad ! Can you share the sysex ?

Maybe a controversial thing to say but in this case the A4 proved to sound warmer than the Rev2 in that video. By a big margin. Maybe it was the way it was recorded? I am very grateful this thread right here was such a joy to follow. No more doubts how powerful that box is.

[CASE CLOSED]

1 Like

The happy ending on this thread is so awesome. I had kinda written this off as a typical “people like to complain” scenario but dude that final patch you posted sounds amazing and I am so glad you are happy with it.

10 Likes

Glad to hear that you have found, what you wanted.

I think, we all learned a couple of things here. Thank you to all, who posted their experience and examples. :+1: :smiley:

4 Likes

is a beginning. :slight_smile:
Not solved for everyone. I got better pads yesterday, but not what I expect yet…

This is a lovely thread.
I hope people will still use it for nice pad examples in future.
I’ll do so :wink:

4 Likes

Ahh lovely.

Next up on Elekronauts, we find out if the cranky old Monomachine can do warm pads :rofl:

2 Likes

can you give me one please. I also want to find out (I’d love to try its lovely cold, digital pads much more to be honest)

1 Like

I had one, and it can, but I sold it because I like the kit/sound structure on the new machines better. I think the A4 does the same lovely buzzy glassy sounds…just, errr, warmer.

2 Likes

Time for a new thread :

Why can’t the A4 do cold, glassy pads & chords ? :smile:

7 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Wasn’t my example earlier … the spooky one … not just this :wink: ?

But from my experience … such cold, glassy, or hollow sounds are more in the domain of very special filtering or FM synthesis. Got a nice examples on a Blofeld :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t try spooky.

I sold it after DN release, but I bought a cheap MD UW+ instead !
I can make a cheap poly synth with it !

Back to topic, what about poly settings ?
Reassign ?
With long release poly is problematic, poly is lower. Unison cuts the release…
For a dual Unison with 4 voices poly I’m thinking about using external midi keyboard (or Minikey with midi loopback ?) and use 2 tracks on the same channel…:thinking:

Yep, that’s A4 … four voices … that’s it. Any kind of voice stealing method doesn’t help to solve this dilemma. The A4 is not my go to synth for creating thick fluctuating pads. That job is for the other boys :wink:

With long releases poly becomes problematic even on 8 voice synths. That’s the reason, why some synths have 12 or 16 voices. This makes the Deepmind 12, Rev 2 or the Korg Prologue very interesting pad machines. Sad that the Andromeda 6 isn’t built anymore.

1 Like