Why 90% of users dont have their music in the profile?

I think it would be of a great help in better understanding the replies in this forum, if you hear the music of the author of the post.

At least, it will be less misinterpretations, for sure. :smile:

9 Likes

I’m waiting to drop it all at once in a neverbefore seen shock reveal of epic proportions…so stay tuned and look out for seismic signals on instagram… :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

haha, nice.
When it will be? tomorrow? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

as soon as I’m done with the dishes here… :wink:

4 Likes

Many users might have such an eclectic range of styles that no one tune sums them up - furthermore i’d expect 90% of users finish less than 10% of the tracks they start!

11 Likes

ok, I understand that, but it doesn’t have to be best track they have ever made, just a glimpse of their music energy.

1 Like

Not sure I understand why it matters?, there are some styles that dont interest me but having dipped a toe in most I take influence from all over these days. Plus it isnt about finishing tracks for me, I have no musical ambitions outside of fun and therapy, its more like a diary to me than something to share with others.

10 Likes

interesting analogy!

Just updated my profile.

Didn’t work in Firefox though, had to switch to Safari to get it done. Could at least explain some percent of those that do not link their stuff…

2 Likes

I always thought people were here to troll Elektron, not to use their machines :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

and that’s why we are all here about, to share.
great tracks btw.

1 Like

well, it certainly feels like that, especially if we are hiding behind hidden profiles. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

On your advice, I updated my profile and added my soundcloud to it :slight_smile:

Thank you @tengig, you got a new follower. :wink:
Wide Eyed Frogs" - very hypnotic

3 Likes

Each time I tried to take a look to the music profile of some people, I always had an error page… Just tried on some profiles now and I discovered it’s ok… so… I updated also my profile with some soundcloud tunes…

wow, there is real treasure on your soundcloud. great stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks man!:relaxed:

Good call, i like taking things in context as well. Hearing a good tip and then hearing it in action somewhat.

1 Like

to answer the title question I would say it is because most people dont realise you can…
Me included, until just now.
So now my soundcloud is linked, I put my bandcamp on there too but no idea if people can see that. Soundcloud is where I post stuff I am not fussed about, my bandcamp is where I post stuff I consider ‘good’.

3 Likes

I’ve updated my profile as well. Unfortunately, there is only SC option, why not to include Bandcamp?

7 Likes