Where are you with your box?

I try to have an organized setup in my music room, but who am I kidding, the music making really happens when I take a machine on my lap and lie down on my sofa. The Rytm is even better than the MPC Live in that regard.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of taking a different box around the house over the coming week. However, the Machinedrum and Analog Four are racked together so that’ll probably encourage me to grab that Digitakt again.
I wonder, how many batteries would it take to run it while day on the beach? :smirk:

so true

I am afraid, soon I will sell all but my rite

the only time I really enjoyed my a4
was when I only used a4 and nothing else

so you can run DT on batteries? Wow that is awesome! I wish that the OT and AR had options for battery power. One reason why I love my Microkorg is that it runs on batteries and has small footprint. Played a show recently and did the job although having a dedicated drum machine would have made the performance even better.

It’s not what you think. They are talking about using a rechargeable battery-powered generator, essentially. You can plug any device into it.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry for the confusion . . .
The portability of the Digitakt is impressive . . . As long as you have it plugged in! :wink:

I dont think a lot of the power packs are outrageously huge and I think you can get a decent charge on them, the boxes definitely have portable options

Whoah, this list explodes the ideas of portability.

I’ve had a look this afternoon at the posts under the link in the forum; only some of the items mentioned are available in UK I think. Those I could find are still write expensive. Maybe a purchase for the future though.

Would you actually drink a coffee on the toilet?

They are strictly seperate activities for me.

Separate, yet often sequential!

9 Likes

I drink coffee on the toilet every now and then :toilet::coffee::+1:

1 Like

funny but true lot of guys drink coffee on the throne

There was this guy at a past job that ALWAYS brought his coffee to the toilet and left it there.

4 Likes

So there I was . . . Thinking to myself “how great would it be to see Elektron boxes in exotic places” and now look what’s happened!!! It’s now become the “who drinks coffee on the toilet?”!! Bloody internet! Shite, the lot of it! :grinning:

7 Likes

You can’t control the internet- it’s a fools errand to try

#Internet

3 Likes

So what’s all this about coffee on the toilet, does it help to inspire you ? :coffee: :toilet:

1 Like

Its a well kept industry secret, it starts in your own bathroom, before you know it youre signed to a major label and doing heroin in a public toilet. Be careful

3 Likes

I’m sorry for the derail but I’m also secretly hoping the mods split this into it’s own topic.

I think splitting the topic is the very least it deserves; I’m suprised there hasn’t been a global study of this phenomenon to identify the motivations and consequences of this behaviour. :wink:

1 Like

yes. our forefathers fought for the right to do all the stupid stuff we do with our freedom… i take advantage of their plights.

id draw the line at leaving the cup in the bathroom - thats just lazy!