When will Octatrack MKI users get the new firmware?

Can’t wait to let the sunshine in. The sun. Shine in.

3 Likes

The Octatrack and Conditional Trigs =
MI0000693396

5 Likes

I have sympathy and trust abounding that the elektron folks have worked hard and will get this out to people and when it gets here there will be a Mystic crystal revelation

It’s like waiting for a new piece of gear you ordered from Thomann on a Tuesday afternoon. A piece of gear you really would want to have delivered before the weekend because you have an upcoming gig that is not at all dependent, but surely would benefit from that specific piece of gear. You know in reality that it should be able to reach you before the weekend, but at the same time you remember how disappointed you have been on earlier occasions when it was delivered on the Monday instead.

These kind of news really brings out the impatient child in you doesn’t it…?

Maybe. My son doesn’t know the difference between a month, a week or an hour. I do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

after the first bug fix for the mk2?

4 Likes

That’s when i reckon it’s gonna happen.

Seems logical. OS 1.31, we are waiting for you. :thup:

1 Like

has anyone been stupid enough to try and take the OS from a mk2 unit and drop it into their mk1? the Octatrack hilariously allows direct OS update from unit to unit via MIDI

really? Thats crazy, someone do it!

I would heavily advise against that and just wait.

1 Like

or at least do it 1 hour before a show, right? Need those conditionals to move a crowd!

(kidding)

6 Likes

I want someone to take their mk2 and update it with the firmware on the website :smiley:

The way my luck is going this week, I can almost guarantee it’ll be in the next week as my MKi shit herself last weekend…

And is allegedly, currently stuck at a UPS warehouse in Cologne, on her way home to be fixed ( and has been for 4 days now!!) I get seriously vex’d by courier companies.
I kinda hope they lose the thing and cough up for a MKii replacement.
Anyway, it’ll happen next week, just to really rub salt in my wounds. :angry:

Really can’t wait for these trig conditions.
That is all.

1 Like

Its been delayed, confirmed here:

2 Likes

I hope they take their time in getting to the trig conditions for MK1. I can wait if it means less bugs. I can’t imagine the testing that must be needed for machines this complex.

Tomorrow is the two years birthday of the last OctaFirmwreUpgrade.

8 Likes

Hi…i am a new user here. As per my knowledge a piece of gear you really would want to have delivered before the weekend because you have an upcoming gig that is not at all dependent, but surely would benefit from that specific piece of gear. You know in reality that it should be able to reach you before the weekend, but at the same time you remember how disappointed you have been on earlier occasions when it was delivered on the Monday instead.

pcb assembly

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can I verify this isn’t a bug?