What's your xmas project?

I’ve long been too busy over the last few months to play much, but 2 glorious weeks of free time ahead of me to get reacquainted with the dark trinity for some jam time, but I often mix time off with a project or two. This year I’m going to integrate the A4’s CV sequencer with a Minitaur and MicroBrute for some electron sequencing goodness :slight_smile:

What’s your studio project? Have you got all the bits before xmas? Has Santa been good to you?

My Octatrack has been sitting on a shelf since I got my Push 2. I’ve ended up with way too much gear, and I need to figure out a productive combination and get rid of some things.
I also have a couple tapes worth of ideas sketched out on my OP-1 that need fleshing out. So will spend some time on that. (probably with Push 2, but would love to get the OT involved as well.)
To two weeks off!

making kits and patches on the A4 (and saving them)

I usually just record everything and don’t save much on the machines, a habit i’m trying to break by just focusing on one at a time and filling them with goodness that I can jam/riff on later

I still like to rotate my focus between the black boxes

Going through my old music collection and sampling weird sound effects, phrases, interesting intros etc in to the OT

Using the rytm with no samples and focusing 100% on drum synthesis and filter to build kits.

i can’t tell you how many times i jam out on the a4 and forget to save it as a new kit. ugh!
my christmas project is this…

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/music-distribution-service/16429

My X-Mas project is to finish last new years resolution project.

Record as many of the tunes I’ve written for live performance as I can, and give them a good mix and polish for release. Will be using Overbridge, with Waves API and Push 2 to get the job done.

And getting ready for a New Years live gig in Louisville.

Playing with my mobile setup, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, A4, Push 2, Nord Drum 2, and Macbook Air running Live 9.5 Suite. Will have 7 days during the holidays visiting parents while they babysit the grandkiddies, leaving daddy with some much needed free time with his toys! :slight_smile:

[ul]
[li]Continue to set up my Dub Techno template for Ableton / Push 2. [/li]
[li]Continue making custom settings / banks/ macros / whatever you call them, for Push 2. [/li]
[li]Continue combing through several folders of old song snippets and loops, boil it all down to one folder for an EP to be made in 2016.[/li]
[li]Continue to sell off excess gear on Craigslist.[/li]
[li]Eat, drink, and be merry.[/li]
[/ul]

Record and polish the jams that I have in my AR+A4.
Try to… I will do that @ my parents house without my favorite mixtable and usual monitors. :sob:

I had planned to get some A4, MM and OT jams going on… but my brand new A4 wot I bought myself for xmas, arrived with several buttons bashed in.

Today one of the OTs triggers locked, so that has to go back for a repair. Wtf?!

Looks like it will be just me and the Monomachine. Thanks Santa.