What's next for Elektron?

+1000 holy shit that would be great

3 Likes

why i have the feeling the next thing will be something modular or at least semi-modular?

Elektron mastering/recording box would be legit. Once again, Elektron, come out with your recording interface before I buy an MPC or Qu Pac <3

I’d love something like the Neuron the OP mentioned.
Take ques from Rolands Aira MX-1 but do it Elektron style. At least 3 band eq’s, fx, summing, some cool step sequencer with P locks for all processing or for sidechain/filter/slicing.
I feel like the Digitakt is the first of their next generation of units with nicer encoders/buttons/oled screens, more Overbridge bandwidth.
It’s only a matter of time before an Octotrack mk 2 with the new screen and Overbridge.

This is definitely what I’ve been hoping for. I think the MX-1 opened a new area of products that we didn’t know we needed.

As a guitarist, I’d love to see Elektron build a full featured looper pedal. Now that they’ve ventured into making stompboxes, it seems like it would be a no brainer.

I predict a smaller box, a sampler, with sequencer, 8 audio tracks and 8 midi tracks.

8 Likes

lol

OT2 and a bad assed hybrid 8 note polysynth is all I want from Elektron. I’ll send them the money now if it helps.

3 Likes

I would love to see a new box in the size of Digitakt with different digital synth modes (everything except subtractive synthesis) similar to the OP-1… but combined with Elektrons awesome sequencer, Overbridge and several tracks at the same time (OP-1 plays only one track live).

2 Likes

When will we hear more about the “big project”?

I have no idea I’m just a reference quoter…

I’m hoping for and OT2… With simplified user interface like DT will have… I think Electron can make the OT2 just as deep a the original while simplifying the workflow…

I think they can…I think they can…I think they can…I think they can…

1 Like

Don’t say that it’s painful for every actual Octatrack owners… :joy:
And there’s also tired to read or heard so much time the same request :wink:

But i agree with you :joy:

what exactly is so complicated? I’m happy with the workflow - I 'm a lot faster and more creative than ever with the OT

1 Like

Yeah man, the size of a RME Babyface - one knob, one slider, one button - who needs more :cb:

2 Likes

you know, i would like to see some new implementations from the request-threads for the AR/A4/AK

that should be next from Elektron, however i feel that won’t be happen because of DT

2 Likes

I love the OT, but workflow could definitely be improved. Example: Currently to clear a recording slot you need to double tap the track button, function+bank to edit, hit FX2 button to get to the correct menu, tap down four times to get to “clear slot”, hit yes to clear, yes to confirm, then exit/no twice to get back to the regular track pages! Again, love the OT but, damn :wink:

Seeing that they are going with a premium model for Overbridge, I actually wouldn’t mind paying for some worthy OS upgrades for AK/A4/AR.

Infinite free development is obviously costly and I can understand a company stopping new feature development as a product becomes “mature” to assign resources to some new revenue stream. But these machines are so deep and have a few killer features left inside (midi sequencing among many examples) that some would definitely find worth paying for.

1 Like

Right now I would buy small digital poly synth with sequencer, lot of modulations, multilayered voices and a battery support as a backup.
Sound synthesis should be from XXI century, not basic waveforms, basically state of the art iPad synth in a box.