What's next for Elektron?

Interesting. Personally I think the AR has the possibility to be used much as I’ve used my korg ESX1 in the past as the core of a live set. I can see me playing out live using nothing but an AR.

User friendly stand alone sequencer? Almost something at the Cirklon level?

This /
The Octatrack is in bad need of a decent upgrade
things like the second page parameters need to be p-lockable

Something I’ve wonder recently is if Elektron will continue to make boxes with internal sequencers. Obviously the signature of Elektron gear is the integration between the sequencer and the sound engine, so I find it hard to imagine them not making such devices, but as every product they have has sequencing abilities and they do not wish to implement overlapping features on new gear, maybe the next phase will exclude sequencing.

I’d be interested in some things with the Elektron aesthetic without the sequencer, for the right price. I’d also be interested in some Cirklon-killer master sequencer. I find it hard to imagine Elektron putting in new and improved sequencing options in future equipment without external options that wouldn’t cannibalize existing products, but also think it will alienate a lot of people if they intentionally limit their sequencers going forward.

Thoughts?

A 16 voice 6-op FM/PM/PD synth would cannibalize nothing and plugs a massive gap in the market. Just saying :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Between the MD, OT, and AR I think it is safe to say that percussion and sampling are over!

Ah love speculation.

I’d buy that Neuron if it has at least 16 analog inputs. Great idea.

After the OT I really hoped they’d go wild but instead they’ve gone for tight packages. Don’t get me wrong, this is some good shit, it’s proving massively popular & what it does it does well. (obviously not had my hands on the AR but from the specs).
Next time I really hope they push the boat out & go down the uber flexible uber powerful route.
Would love to see their approach to modular, something analog with a pin matrix tied to an expanded sequencer would be wicked!

Different scales and tempo divisions for MD. :slight_smile:

Yep & individual track length, skip, alternate, ping pong, random, one shot, trigless trigs. Not gonna happen tho, it’s maxed out :frowning:

Lol TM-2 would emotionally break some people. :astonished: [/quote]
Haha, yeah, can you picture the promo flick with Hector running from a bunch of natives in the jungle, skipping past snakes and crocodiles over rivers with piranhas, guarding something in his coat, battling it out fist to fist with a gorilla, saving “Jane” and escaping in a helicopter hanging from a ladder, only to have a villain guy cut the rope of the ladder over a volcano, making him drop, before he pulls out the secret in his coat … A TM-2, which freezes the volcano and gives him ice-hockey skates with mini jet-packs and built in homing missile rockets, he slides across the frozen volcano, aims at the helicopter, bullseye - and finally, he sits resting with Jane and the TM-2 atop an aztec pyramid zipping Pina coladas made by the TM-2.
Would be a bit of a letdown. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [/quote]
EPIC ! :+1:X3

Hell yeah. Elektron’s take on a Tinysizer would be immense!

I’d imagine something digital, they have every conceivable analog sound covered.

Monomachine MK3 next year

Digital drums are just not “in” right now…

Yeah, http://vimeo.com/77891588

Lol well I didn’t say nobody was going to or could make a digital drum machine. But musically I don’t see a lot of people using those style drums.

Its very IDM, which I would say is not that popular today compared to mid 00s.

opinions

I think that the next product will be a ” Analog Rytm 2”

Digital/analog hybrid with 3-4 tracks… i wont even mind 2 tracks (but at least 1 independent midi channel for external gear)…
No more mistakes with number of outputs please!!

I want the good old Elektron design which is the reason I liked them very much. Their new machines look ridiculously with those crazy round buttons… I want the MnM MK3 reverted back to its old design + extra channels + parametric 3-band EQ control per track + extended display options that allow precise leveling out. Monomachine is hard to be well-studied quickly. That is why it as an incredible instrument that allows pretty much interaction between you and it. Not to mention that it’s capable of producing unique sounds no other synth is able to.

Your so right about that TeeVee, I would like to see a “Analog Rytm 2” too
    Your so right about that TeeVee, I would like to see a “Analog Rytm 2” too[/quote]
    that’s about as likely to happen as me getting Ebola

How about implementing an audio editor/player in C6 so that loops and DigiPro samples can be edited and transferred all within one application.