What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

A modern day analog vocoder like Sennheiser/EMS/Roland. This is not only interesting for robot voices but also for analog processing like Elektron did with the Analog Heat.

4 Likes

How about with short sampling capabilities and the sequencer too? Could be very cool.

an all singing, dancing amalgamation of the silver boxes please :sunny:

3 Likes

Iā€™d love a modern machinedrum in the small box format. 16 channels of digital drum synthesis with conditional trigs etcā€¦

3 Likes

I would like to see a Multi FX unit for Modulation FX such as chorus, phaser, flangers etc similar to the Heat box.

2 Likes

If you have MD, Until then :slight_smile: MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

YESSSS PLEASE
I would love to vocode my digitakt with my AK. Or vice versa.

Quite like the idea of a new drive pedal myself

My vote would be for some strange novel take on a wavetable synth too.

1 Like

ā€¦u can pretty much culminate all these wishes into a new monomachine mk2 in a digi t formfactorā€¦
so there it goesā€¦digital drumsynthesis meets fm meets wavetable meets a new range of multi fx including vocoding and distorting and overcompression with a few other neverheard before digital synthmodels like the speech aural thing from back in the days meets a little sampling twitch meets arcade fake sound chip bursting stuff, with a +drive that has a way bigger headroom, and all that in a nice multitimbral mannerā€¦next stop namm 2019ā€¦

An OctaGuitarā€¦ :heart_eyes:
elektron-octatrack-1013793

22 Likes

So with the analog heat mkiiā€™s release, you think Elektron may come up with other processing machines for different fx?

I would like to see like a delay or reverb processor or something like a multi effect kinda like an enventide h3000.

Analog Ice will be the delay/reverb unitā€¦

5 Likes

With Double Freezers.

yeah me too i love to see some fx from Elektron. Will be perfect if you have Elektron sequencer!

+1 For an analog time-based effects box.

2 Likes

Should be Digital Ice, no? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bastl Thyme is pretty close to a sequenced delay but yeah a DSP box of some sort could be cool. a Heat sized delay type processing box that can get all kinds of Delay Tape echo, flange/chorus, Comb Filter, karplus etc. Or like a lot of people have asked for a performance mixer similar to the way a lot of folks use the OT or the Aira MX-1. Make it function as a hub for OB as well? thatā€™d be fantastic. Like a better verision of the DB4 mixer built to work with the Elektron ecosystem.

2 Likes

I would love to see an analog Elektron mixer for multi-elektron setups.

Give it plenty of stereo channels, but also some mono channels for voice outputs from Rytm/AK/A4. Perhaps 4 or 5 stereo channels plus 2 to 4 mono channels.
Simple 3 band EQ per channel (on pots, not encoders) but with frequencies individually selectable via on screen menu. Same volume faders as OT MK2 x-fader.

For the master section, give it a master analog compressor (preferably from Rytm) with DT style input side chain, but donā€™t leave out the Rytm style side chain filter options either.
Give it the Analog Heat Saturation and Enhancement character options, selectable pre/post comp.

No sequencer. Keep it the size of OT MK2, as portable as possible for live acts.

Overbridge, sure, but for a/d to computer recording only. No need to shoot for the moon.

5 Likes

Thought about that after I posted, indeed!