What Do you typcially like to sample with the OT?

Just poking around peoples minds

What do you usually like to sample with the OT?

Loops or One shots?

Synths? Found sounds?

Or maybe just live looping a jam session?

Records?

1 Like

Metronomes.
Octatrack Metronome Only Warp Experiment Science Lab

Next is jack only. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, mainly randomly sequenced synth jam, guitar loops. Quantize Rec most of the time.

3 Likes

It’s almost entirely one shots and bits of dialog from movies or interviews. I like field recordings too. Oddly, I suppose, I almost never sample my synths.

2 Likes

Loops from Cocoquantus/MWXT/OP-1. Sometimes modular drums.

My SH-101

1 Like
2 Likes

I record in sections from records. Always max length really because I like as much as I can get to work with. Sometimes to help get the most useable material I will pre chop sections on my sp404 and then record them in to the OT to make the most of the time limit.

I never connect my card to the computer with any sampler I just don’t like it that way.

I had a few drum machines to record hits into the OT too of course but unfortunately I sold my tanzmaus for cryptocurrency like a twat

nanoloop 2 http://nanoloop.de/two/index.html

I started out using the OT as a live looping machine, so most of my sampling has been of my own instrument playing (viola, guitar). I’ll probably continue sampling my own stuff.

3 Likes

Vinyl, iPad instruments, and AS-1. Sometimes directly, sometimes through Ableton with some additional processing. I do sample ITB stuff from digital synths, Iris, etc. but I just upload them to the CF.