Weird thingy no.1

thanks in advance.

1-Static machine playing sample on first step of 16/16-pattern
2-wiggle on the PITCH -> no more sound !
3-“clearing” parameter by [SRC]+[Play]
4-Sound is there again
5-trying again step1+2 gives me the same result

WA1-when running the same sample from all other than first step the PITCH can be changed as the sample modulate.

why?

Try with a new project.
If the behavior is the same, try with a flex.

What is you sample?

I´d rather like to understand what´s wrong and revive.
:wrench:

I rendered the sound of one SM to another via recording it´s source.
Then, I saved it and loaded it into it.

What do you mean? You resampled a Static Machine?

Can’t tell what settings you made to make it wrong. There are 250 parameters for audio tracks. Start with a new project to check with default settings.

2 Likes

Only apply pitch to that sample in a Static, new project, no other settings. It should be played.
I can test your sample if not.

Loaded into it?

I have one explanation : maybe you have loaded or SAVED AND ASSIGN TO SELF the saved sample. if you continue to record with a rec trig the saved sample is overwritten, and the recording buffer (played in a FLEX) stops to play if you change the pitch.

That shouldn’t happen with a Static, that doesn’t use recording buffers but samples saved on the card, assigned to Static Slots.

Thanks. It is as you assumed: Assigned to itself.
BUT
I really was careful this time before answering you:
After shutting down the OT an restarting - this phenomenon doesn´t appear anymore. today it is… different:

• when playing samples over this SM no pitchchanges nor rate taking effect!!
    I loaded same samples into another SM and all is working fine…

Am I crazy? Does bugs do exist? Is it just my machine? Last both I don´t want to believe, but - man this sucks.

• I am shure there is an explaination for it… but to ask you directly: Does such “thingies” get less after getting better on the OT?

cheers again

1 Like

For me SM stands for Sado-Masochism, maybe it corresponds to your situation. :stuck_out_tongue:

If it stands for Static machine, it’s a bit surprising because a recording saved and assigned to self is necessarily in a Flex machine.

Maybe.

Yes, but quite minor ones I think. In very specific situations you encounter rarely.

Yes, give it to me as I say too much

Yes of course ! :smile:
Wtf moments are totally normal, even after 1 year.
Take your time, donc panic, have some breaks. :wink:

3 Likes

Lovely, thanks alot Sezare56 :wink: !

Indeed I mixed words up as I ment FM… (flexmachine)

As I now repetively doing same actions to assure myself I´m almost not that crazy :stuck_out_tongue: - if you wouldn´t mind to address you a next weird thingy? (meanwhile I decided not to post each issue in a next thread to come):

• New project, for resampling
  • T1 = SM playing a bunch of samples (drumbeat with 16 Steps)
    T2=FM, T3=FM, T4=FM …all mounted and adjusted to the same (same tweaking choreography either), all sourcing T1, but having their own dedicated record buffers.
  • all recorders are setup to: Rlen= 16, Trig=ONE, Loop=OFF
  • as I sat in front of the OT 3mins ago after setting it up - I swear:
    in AED I saw and heared what I recognised while the visual recorder worked: One lagged from the start, the next didn´t hold the Rlen in and all 3 behaved differently.
  • now, after minute 2 - turning of the OT and on again it´s fine.
  • The last time turning on/off again …some inconsistencies again.

Was such behaviour recorded before ever?
I know patience is important and I´m not halucinating, I guess…

BTW - I ran the system check. Everthings seems to be fine.

With same settings, tracks should behave the same way. Copy / Paste tracks to be sure to have same settings.