Wanna see what's on your +Drive?

Man, you are a nice person! Thanks a lot for your work.

Congrats!!! This is splendid work! Thank you!
:zonked:

2 Likes

Thank you for further cementing this being one of the best electronic communities. I definitely look forward to checking this out!

Can this work or be made to work for the Analogue Rytm mk1?
Thanks

1 Like

No idea… I don’t have one. I know that the SysEx format for Digitakt is quite different than for other units. But if the AK has such functions, then it is probably doable.

@Radeon

Also I think this might be worth pinning at the top of this forum.

great work!

Just confirming that it does not work with the MD UW+ MK II. I know it wasn’t meant to, but I figured I’d try, and I already see you have some questions about the other units :slight_smile:
It just hangs here:

All the MIDI communication would need to be rewritten for each machine, since as far as I can see, Elektron doesn’t use a consistent set of SysEx messages across machines (for similar features like +Drive listing). It’s also hard in that they don’t always publish all the technical details.

I got this far with the Digitakt because I own one and was willing to send messages at it until I could figure the message structure out. (I only broke a small part of my +Drive doing this… :hushed:). If I get my hands on another Elektron box perhaps I’ll be able to add that one, too… But for now, just trying to build more functionality for the Digitakt.

3 Likes

perhaps as a good will gesture elektron could send you the info , as a developer who’s helping to support the community it’d be great , assuming its in the os somewhere (it can make folders , dump samples , presumably read the mem used or send out error messages.)… the functionality on the transfer app is fairly basic…

:wink:

is there no way to intercept the messages sent from the transfer app ? (I’m not a developer …)

Oh there is, and that is how I figured out how sample transfer works (even though my app doesn’t do sample transfer yet…). But Transfer app does very few things, and so I had to find out about Directory scanning though stealthier means… :ghost:

great job. this is really useful.

1 Like

man you are great!!

2 Likes

took a couple tries to get it working but this is quite awesome. thanks a bunch.

1 Like

amazing!!! THX!!!

1 Like

Really appreciate this

1 Like

The next version almost ready now. This one does just a bit more:

• Rename samples & directories
  • Create directories
  • Move samples & directories with drag-n-drop
  • Delete samples & directories via a trash can

For real, on your Digitakt!

I’m looking for a few (~5) first beta testers. Since, I’ve only tested this with the one and only Digitakt I have, and while I believe it works fine and won’t mess up your Digitakt, you shouldn’t do this if you’ve got a gig coming up or samples you can’t reload.

DM me if you’re interested.

7 Likes

Following this as it gets real interesting.

1 Like