Vermona Kick Lancet or Jomox mbase 11 or

Hello.
I don’t like bass drum machines on AR, so looking for some external solutions. Currently found two devices

1. Vermona Kick Lancet
  2. Jomox mbase 11
    Please, share your experience with these devices, or tell us about other solutions if you want

Thank you!

BTW: My favorite VST is BazzISM2 . It covers everything I need, and I hope some devices will just copy the functionality of this small beast

The vermona has a small sweet spot when trying to create a classic BD sound. You can not create and save presets. None of the controls support midi.

The jomox has bigger sweet spots, you can save presets and all parameters can be controlled through midi. The problem when combing the jomox with the Rytm is that the Rytm cant sequence the midi parameters so you may want to control it using something else.

1 Like

Ok. I have A4, so I can trig mbase 11 by CV.
Thanks!

Some more info on both here:

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t find Volca Kick by Google.
Volca looks intresting also, but doesn’t have presets.

Well. It is pity that any of them doesn’t have good controls of tuning. It is extremely powerful feature. BazzISM or Kick bt Nicky Rormero have it and I really like it.

Where you can choose note for each step.

2 Likes

Sample the kicks that you like in your DAW then export them to the AR using SDS.

It’ll be the best of both worlds, and you’ll still be able to choose the note for each step!

It’s taken me a few years to really optimize the synthesis engines in my AR, so I recommend not giving up early. That being said, there is nothing wrong with a preference for something else.

3 Likes

Oh the Kicks the AR can provide are awesome. Just a little fight so get it to do what you want.
From tame wo wild, acoutic jazzy BD to Mr. Disco to heavyly distorted Schranz-Kickinyoface.

1 Like

It would be fantastic if you can share settings for this kind of kick

Also, I use only BD Sharp, because the rest is out of tune.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Dude, that’s what grooves ma booty. Give me a while (newborn just arrived).
U srsly care about tune of BD after adding that much of un(hamonics)?

Wow! Congrats, enjoy new life :sunny:

Yes, like this guy. Well, it is still very important for me to be tuned. I mean base tone. Probably because Im engineer and can’t avoid basic rules. So it will be better to keep tone.

I also want to put fuzz pedal over kick before mixer, I think it makes trick. On Ableton it is not so difficult to make these kicks but here Im stuck. Currently I use layering, BD Sharp + Samples. It works also, but without samples I can’t get that sound. Overdirve in AR (in A4 also) has just one knob, and it is not enough for me :stuck_out_tongue:

So my plan:

1. Add fuzz/overdrive pedal on kick line
  2. If it will be not enough, move kick out to mbase 11

Cheers!

Check the overdrive option in FX, that’s the goto

It affects all tracks. But not my kick :smiley: kick/snare I rout separately for good compression and eq’uing by external devices.
Anyway, I hope they will add some machine similar to BazzISM

As the kick you presented is heavily enriched with hamonics, you’ll have to insert an AH or similar to your chain, as you wrote. I’ll play around later when the boys are hopefully asleep. Now I’m interested where one can get w/o the master bus.

And look what I just founf, laying around for a while and not seeing any love:

This beauty/beast is for sale.

1 Like

A4 can muster up a wide range of kicks that are easy to tune.

1 Like

What does it mean?

Analog Heat. A really nice distortion/Filter/EQ/Env follower combi box by Elektron.
Can do WAY more than one sees at first glance and is fully sequenceable externally.

BD Hard can be tuned as well but I don’t think it is as accurate and varies across machines. I get a very accurate A at -6 tuning, F sharp at -13, and E at -18, but the stuff in the middle is slightly off. Still, you might have more luck with it.

It has separate controls for the bump and the click while the body is tuned. The waveform control will also give you some of the harmonics you are looking for. It helps to use the band-stop EQ to cut the muddy frequencies before running it through the overdrive circuit. A slight filter envelope can also help glue it together.

This thread is good for reference:

1 Like