Vacation Synth

Vacation [here] = leave all the stuff from home at home. And enjoy the things to do a different place has to offer.

1 Like

Nanoloop mono, just fitted IPS display, makes it 100 times easier to see the display.

Next quest is to figure out how to get the sound cleaner, the high pitched whine is annoying.

3 Likes

I always take just one synth with me when I travel.

I’ve taken A4, OT, Deluge & OP-1 at different times.

I think I’ve enjoyed taking the OP-1 the most. For me, it’s best fit the idea of a travel item. Long battery life and very immediate to use, even though it maybe lacks the depth of the others.

1 Like

That looks really cool! I’ve been really tempted to get an old school Gameboy and Nanoloop. How easy is the screen replacement?

I have a Gameboy Advance SP somewhere, and last week I went through many boxes trying to find it, without success, as I thought I’d like to purchase one of the Nanoloops cartridges of their site.

1 Like

It is very easy, basically it replaces the whole front PCB, so just plugs in.

The video shows the V2, the V3 is a bit simpler as it requires less cutting and comes with a bracket.
2 Likes

This! DN is very versatile and the sequencer rocks plus onboard fx. Run the O-Coast sounds through it for some different textures and use that master overdrive to blend them together. I think this would be great fun. Keep it simple! Enjoy your vacation.

1 Like

iPhone and Sunvox

1 Like

MPC live for extended vacations and OP-1 for short trips.

4 Likes

My previous entry was the Model:Samples. I’ve switched to the Cycles now. Now if I could just go on a proper vacation. I’ve had three flights/packages get canceled due to virus activity.

Oh nice! did your DMG have the whine with Nanoloop mono before the mod? Pretty tempted, the bivert mod I currently have basically means you can’t use the gameboy outside.

I am not sure as it was a broken one, but it may well have, I will try it on some others as I have a few DMGs, I also installed a replacement power board which is supposed to mitigate audio issues, but to what degree is unclear at the moment.

I’ll probably recap some of them and listen to them to find the best one.

But yes the ips screen is a worthwhile mod I think, a bit pricey but easy on the eye.

yeah part of me wants to wait for https://www.analogue.co/pocket/ and see how mono works with it, plus it comes with another nanoloop built in

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m interested in that too, hopefully the cpu noise won’t be an issue on it since it doesn’t use the old circuitry :slight_smile:

No vaca this year, stupid pandemic. But this was last years beach party once the fam passed out.

Nice pair and light in the pack.

4 Likes