Vacation Synth

Yeah i feel you. When i travel with the family by plane/train, i leave also everything at home, maybe bring the iPad. But in this case, the car allows me comfortably to bring a bit more.

PO32 and PO33 (+Microtonic) are my travel/train rig at the moment. Iā€™m hoping OP-Z will play nicely with them.

1 Like

I took the Monologue to Hawaii in a laptop bag, and it sat perfectly on the airplane tray. It goes for hours on batteries.

2 Likes

OK

this convinced meā€¦iPad plus Keystep. And Digitone just because we travel by Car, otherwise i would leave it Home.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be travelling with my Digitone this weekend. :slight_smile: I probably wonā€™t have a huge amount of time to use it, but Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll have one late night where I can whip up a tune in a different environment than usual.

I agree, just take one man.

it really sets your gear in perspective and pushes its boundaries.

2 Likes

Digitone without hesitation, itā€™s so small yet so versatile !

Iā€™ve got my Digitone sequencing my iPad and itā€™s just bliss!

Yup thats the Intention. Or have Ruismaker sequence the Digitone. :diddly:

2 Likes

Ooooooh! Also cool! I oughta finally try sequencing my Elektrons with Modstep/Patterning

But those Elektron buttons are just SO fun to push :open_mouth:

I get mine tomorrow. I sold my Microbrute a couple of months ago and i have no other keysynth, only Desktops, and i miss a dedicated but small keysynth. And i am curious about it, how it compares to the Minilogue. Ppl seem to either Love/hate it.

I agree with bradleyallen. IMO, it is an instant riff machine that can beat its older sibling up any time it wants to.

I surprised myself. Heading out of town tomorrow for the weekend. I thought I was going to bring the Digitone along for late evenings (my wife and kids sleep at more sensible hours than I do). Then I started synthesizing sounds on the Digitakt the other night for fun, and now I think Iā€™m going to bring it instead. Heavy LFO use, and using the bit reduction to make LSFR style cyclical pitched noise, kinda pushed me over the top. It hasnā€™t replaced the Tone as my favorite, but Iā€™ve been having ridiculous fun with single cycles (or close to them) cut from larger samples, noise, etc. That will easily occupy my post-vacation-day-fun-pre-sleep couple of hours each night. :smiley: I also grabbed the Nintari sample set to use the pulse trains from the 2600 set. Love that sound, and it makes some really nice basses when filtered.

4 Likes

I testdrived a Monologue. Nice Synth! But Not really my Cup of tea. I found the envelopes odd to use. Currently i am set on a Digitone only setup. DN is really perfect!

1 Like

I agree! Though I love the DT too. So the pair is now pretty much it for me, except a completely separate modular for noodling when I have the time. Just sold off my other non-Digi non-Modular gear.

Yes i am almost there. Prophet 6 and Peak are still there though. They are too much fun and Sound too good. I am replacing the MS20M with an all Mutable Instrument modularā€¦
iPad only for Journeys by plane.

In vacations, I take only one instrument. Some dedicated time is a good way to get to know it and discover new tricks.

No need for MIDI box and external keyboard, DN is self-sufficient.

Only thing I would pair it with would be some way to record tracks. My own favorite being the OP-1.

1 Like

I thought the iPad to use for that but i tested iConnect Audio 4+ and i immediately hated it for its complex Software Setup. I have a Zoom H2n that should be enough for now to capture me jamming the DN for that vacation time. If Not i will scan the portable recording thread Here on Elektronauts.

Maybe add a light portable battery so that you can play outside.
In vacations, if the weather is fine, itā€™s really good for the soul to play in the natureā€¦

Which one would you recommend?