Vacation Synth

Yes i am almost there. Prophet 6 and Peak are still there though. They are too much fun and Sound too good. I am replacing the MS20M with an all Mutable Instrument modular…
iPad only for Journeys by plane.

In vacations, I take only one instrument. Some dedicated time is a good way to get to know it and discover new tricks.

No need for MIDI box and external keyboard, DN is self-sufficient.

Only thing I would pair it with would be some way to record tracks. My own favorite being the OP-1.

1 Like

I thought the iPad to use for that but i tested iConnect Audio 4+ and i immediately hated it for its complex Software Setup. I have a Zoom H2n that should be enough for now to capture me jamming the DN for that vacation time. If Not i will scan the portable recording thread Here on Elektronauts.

Maybe add a light portable battery so that you can play outside.
In vacations, if the weather is fine, it’s really good for the soul to play in the nature…

Which one would you recommend?

There’s a whole thread about it.
Recently got myself a MAXOAK 50Ah but it’s a bit heavy, and might be a slightly bit overkill.
Talentcell 72W seems highly sufficient and twice cheaper.

Talentcell 36 seems the only one available so far…but OK i will scan that thread further.

Digging up the old thread. I’ll be in Vancouver BC for a few days, and am debating whether to bring the Digitone or Model:Samples for late night hotel-musicry.

A bit of elaboration because I’ve been at a delicious wine for the last couple of hours. With some of the recent “West Coast” Buchla-Digi things happening, I think I’m DN-Inspired. I think a bit of Digitonery in Canadia might just be the ticket.

Hmm… now the M:S has sample locks… Now I feel like maybe I should bring it instead. :smiley:

2 Likes

Vacation setup:

M:S (new OS) + Pair-O-Grados

3 Likes

Which grado do you have? I want a pair for low fatigue production but I don’t see many reviews from musicians.

They’re just S80s. I love open back though. These are what I bring out and about. They sound great for their size.

I use AKG 240 MkIIs at home. Open back, flat response, less color and decent price.

Actually, between monitors, and both of these sets, I can “triangulate” a half decent mix.

1 Like

If you are going the Volca way:
Keys & FM
Keys:
Analog 3 voices - great for vintage analog synths but also bass, pads
FM:
Digital - great plucks, ARP is really good, DX7 presets (thousands of them free online).

Then the Volca Bass also is very good. I have Keys Bass and Kick. I sometimes find that Keys and Bass step on each other a bit… But still very good :slight_smile:

Next one for me will be FM :wink:

2 of these would cost you less than Neutron or Model D. Of course these 2 are very nice pricewise, and you can’t go wrong either.

Of course outputs are a little noisy (Keys) and it is minijack but you get by easily.

Hope this helps :wink:

Ive got RS-1 and PS1000…love em. Sound insane.
Use the RS-1 for mixing. They can handle bass really well. So you can end up going hard on bass (cuz it sounds awesome) but that might not translate to other setups. Youll have to test mixes on a few setups…as you should tho.

BUT…werd of warning. The headband is thin leather, and tho light, will dig into your head. You can build up resistance to it…or just wrap some foam around it.

2 Likes

Revival of the vacation Synth thread…wanted to Take the A4… found out a Trigger Key is sticky…sent it in for repair and currently i shrinked the Setup down to only this …

3 Likes

Nice. No FX or looping or anything?

I just got back from a few days away. I took just a Lyra 8, Zoia and Zoom H6. Experimental fun!

I think a penny whistle or harmonica are the perfect travel companions. Think of them as synths.

1 Like

Nanoloop 2.6 on Game Boy Micro is small enough for any trip :slight_smile:

Edit: just ordered a USB charging cable to cut it down further.

What about a tent, an acoustic and the E minor chord? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like