Using the Rhythm as a plain sound module triggering from midikeyboard HOW?

Hey guys
I just want to use my Rhythm as a plain sound module. Not using it’s sequencer but only being able to trig the sounds on each key on my midikeyboard and then program the beats in Ableton Live and let Live then send back the midi notes to Rytm

Just like how you would set up any old rhythm machine with a midikeyboard for triggering it’s sounds via midi
I simply can’t see anywhere how I can set up the Rhythm so it can do this …really frustrating , should be totally simple

instead I get each sound on each midi channel aaarrrghh!!!
Help!! (-:

Try MIDI notes numbered 0-11 :wink: should work fom any MIDI channel, including the auto ch

2 Likes

Yep, like tsutek says, on all the channels, the lowest keys trigger each pad.

An the four octaves above it are chromatic notes for the track in question, also super fun since it does accept aftertouch and pitch bend, making it super expressive to play

Thanks a lot for answering!!
Really grateful!

I messed around in global-midi config earlier and now I can’t get any sound at all if I’m triggering my midi keyboardsuddenly… Sorry, I’m not a big midi expert at all ha ha (-:
(I’m not using overbridge but I use USB for the midi.)

So in ‘Midi Config’ under ‘midi channels’ , I have set all tracks to channel 1 ,
‘track fx channel’ to channel 1 ,
‘perf channel’ to channel 1 ,
‘auto channel’ to midi channel 1 ,
'prog ch in ’ and ‘prog ch out’ to auto

in ‘Midi port config’ I have :

‘out port func’ : midi
‘thru port func’ : midi
‘input from’ : USB
‘output to’ : USB
‘output ch’ : auto ch
‘program output’ : cc
‘encoder dest’ : int+ext
‘pad dest’ : int+ext
‘preasuure dest’: int+ext
‘mute dest’ : int+ext
‘receive notes’ : yes
‘receive cc/nrpn’: yes

but no sound when I trigger my midi keyboard!

Am I doing something wrong here? (-:

Damn!! I thought I had transposed down my midi keyboard as much as possible so I could trigger from 0-11 , but I had not !! My big mistake
Now it’s working!!! Yes!

1 Like

Glad to hear its working now. However, you might want to reconfigure your MIDI settings, now that it works (I’d mainly advise against setting the track MIDI channels all to the same number) :nyan: