Using Elektron clock as master to control ableton

Hi guys,

So my setup includes an A4, AR, Ableton Live, Push, Deepmind 6 and a Juno Alpha One.

Using Overbridge and Ableton as a master gives me no headaches syncing everything together however the sound quality of the Elektrons definitely suffers.

Therefore, I’m wanting to put all my hardware through my desk and use the AR as a master clock but i also want to keep Live running to trigger midi sequencers to the Deepmind and Juno…

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

I use DT as master, OT, AK and other hardware MIDI slaved, with Live also slaved. I record into Live directly also.

I had to set Ableton up like so, and then no issues :

Also make sure you have followed the latency setup lessons in Live, so you have your MIDI clock sync delay set correctly, as well as Driver Error Compensation.

1 Like

Thanks!

I’m still a little unsure how to set it up though…can you shed any more light on it please? Is the DT using USB to control everything?

Yes DT is sending MIDI transport and sync over MIDI and USB. Ableton is setup to receive MIDI clock. You have to enable the EXT button in Live and ensure the MIDI setup has the AR Input Synv enabled

Thanks, will check it out tonight. much appreciated!