Using Digitone with Virus TI

I have been trying to trigger my Virus with digitone but can’t seem to get it happening in both TI with USB plugged in and Analog Outs without USB.

If anyone knows the right settings in both Virus and digitone for both as TI and just analog outs would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I assume you would be using the four Midi tracks on the DN to control four parts in a multi on the TI. Using the DN to control the TI is then not different to controlling the TI with any other sequencer.

For this the DN Midi Out should to the Midi In of the TI. The midi channels used on both machines can be set on the respective machines.

Still no luck.

Digitone is plugged midi OUT to virus midi IN.

Digitone midi channels are set 1-4 and midi channels in logic on Virus TI tracks are set respectively 1-4.

Virus TI OUT is set to 3 OUTs 1 IN and each track in the TI is set USB 1 L&R, USB2 L&R and USB3 L&R (not sure what goes on fourth track??)

I am guessing something is wrong with this set up, can anyone confirm?

Appreciate any patience and feedback as I am new to setting up gear and never used a sequencer before have only been working in the box.

Thanks

I could totally be wrong here, but I’m reading through this and keep seeing you mention USB. I wouldn’t think USB from DN to TI or the other way around would work at in all standalone mode (without a computer in between). Even with a computer I’d think it’d be questionable, but I’m more old school 1990’s midi and not so much a USB guy.

I’d think you should be going from DN to TI with a standard midi cable, setting up the DN to transmit midi and the TI to receive it on the appropriate channels. It sounds like you might be going USB from one unit to the other unless I’m misunderstanding you? I don’t think that’d work unless there was some sort of standards compliance between the two and not sure if that’s the case.

Apologies if I’m way off here and wasting time. I’m sure someone will correct me if that’s the case. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have not been connecting USB to each other, MIDI cable connected to each.

All good.

1 Like

I use Digitone with Virus C. Digitone midi out to Virus midi in, works like a charm. Just make sure you’re activating the midi channel on the Digitone. I believe it is the first page of the Digi’s midi track.

1 Like

troubleshoot.

disconnect the USB cables. just get it going w/midi first.

use sequencer mode on the ti

Cheers for the replies.
Got it working with TI, did not activate the midi channel on digitones midi track.:+1:

1 Like