Updating os

I’ve a machinedrum sps1/mk2 from the last batch released so presumably its got the last os update. Curious to know if its possible to import more kits into the machine and if that’s do able via the analog heat…thanks jx (the AH certainly gets hot damn quick on the underbelly!)

When you switch on the Machine Drum you will see the OS Firmware number. You just have to compare last one is OS 1.63

For importing sample, kits, packs you need to connect the MachineDrum with TM-1.
Connect two midi cable on it [TM1 Out to in MD] and [MD out on TM1 In] and use C6 by selecting Midi, check the 3 boxes options (SDS…), put it on Turbo Mode X10 and Send things. (sample, sysex)

The Analog Heat is not there to help you with that. TM1 is your friend

Thanks for your advice William,not got a tm-1 though. What about the oplab?

OK i though you have the TM1 so it’s SPS1 not UW version my bad…
i guess you can try by the Analog Heat, plug the same with MIDI cable as i said earlier.

But at the END you do that with C6 software plug MIDI cable select Analog Heat or Analog Four (on my system C6 gives me Analog Four for midi but it’s my Analog Heat plugged so…)

Connect two midi cable on it [AH Out to in MD] and [MD out on AH In] and use C6 by selecting Midi, check the 3 boxes options (SDS…), put it on Turbo Mode X10 and Send things. (sample, sysex)

Don’t forget to check AH Midi preference to see if all is ok and don’t set in Overbridge mode. Pass midi the normal way

Tiptop chap, cheers!

2 Likes

Don’t know if AH will deal with Turbo Mode thought so be patient :wink: of try to find a TM1 somewhere… it’s X10 transferring so at some point it can be valuable.

Okey dokey. It’s 1.63. Btw

1 Like

You can back up your kits to or recall other kits from another MD or a computer. The instructions for importing kits are given in the “SysEx Receive” section of the manual from pages 66 to 69.

To get kits from a computer the computer will need a USB-MIDI interface. As fas as I am aware, the Analog Heat is NOT a USB-MIDI interface:

The OPLab should be fine. Give it a try!

However, as far as I know, OPLab doesn’t implement Elektron’s Turbo protocol. The Elektron TM-1 implements the Turbo protocol which gives up to 10x speed on MIDI data transfers between compatible equipment.

1 Like