Ultimate Digitakt stands using VESA mounts

would like to have these with some kind of a bajonet clip , so you can easy unmount the DT and take it with you. It is a mess allways screwing… .-)

1 Like

oh so true.

i would be interested to hear real-world experiences of how sturdy the Digitakt is on a vesa stand.

hoping to get sorted with a Digitakt and Heat next year sometime, maybe sooner if possible.
love to put both of them on vesa mounts.

it would just look so cool and also be desirably ergonomic.

but yes how sturdy are they and is it easy to do parameter-locks.

For the heat it is perfekt. Dunno if jammimg on a DT would be kinda wobbly i guess.
But my arm… vesa arm :wink: is mounted on a board which sits loose on a keyboard stand so… maybe on a proper and sturdy table it would be cool.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks for the inspired idea. I bought two, one each for my Digitakt and Digitone. They’re very stable and practical.

8 Likes

Like it! Can you provide me a link where I can buy it?

It was eBay UK - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263989344782

1 Like

Thank you!

Ordered 2 of them, for my DT and DN.

1 Like

I picked up one of these and I can stay it is very, very strong. Great adjustability and a perfect fit into my tiny space.

3 Likes

This thread has come up again at the right time! I went to IKEA today looking for better laptop stands than their Isberget ones, to no avail. And now this thread comes up! I ordered one of the above; I’ve got a gig coming up in October, will be nice to have the Digitone on a solid stand :smiley:

1 Like

For the money, it’s great value and a no brainier for the DT DN. Depending on the angle you set it up you might need to weigh down the base with something otherwise the weight of the unit can tip it backwards, but that’s only if it’s near vertical.

1 Like

Yeah I can see how that’d happen. Thankfully all I want it for is to elevate it just above my Keystep so the cables can pass under it. Looks like it’s gonna work really well.

Arrived today! It’s so great. Not quite as flat as I expected, but it’s gonna be really awesome for my live setup. I wonder if I can modify it so it has a quick release somehow…

2 Likes

Somewhat tangential but related is using a Fraction double stand (which attaches via VESA) for the DigiTwins as it allows you to build on it to cover cables, add mounts etc.

Here’s a sneak peak to what I’m building with a Temple Audio Trio 21 as a base. All cables will be hidden with power supplies underneath.

8 Likes

I’m using the Key Largo also. Such a fantastic mixer for this. I use the effects sends for reverb/delay and the volume pedal stereo ins/outs to route through my Ottobit Jr bit crusher and my Analog Heat MKII through before the final outputs. I wish the sends had a pre-fader option, but that’s my only complaint.

1 Like

Instead of regular computer monitor mounts, you can also look into the mounts that they use in cop cars to mount their heavy duty equipment. I found this guy, looks super legit:

2 Likes

Can you link to where you ordered yours? All the links are coming up as dead for me (it’s an old thread)

Here’s the ebay link. I’m not sure where you’re located, but that’s an Australian ebay store link. If you’re not in Australia, it should at least point you in the right direction.

Here’s what I ordered, that utilizes the VESA mount…

I am actually in Australia! That looks perfect but I see it’s plastic… This would live permanently on my desk, do you find its heavy enough and how stiff is the hinge?

I have (I think) the same stand. The hinges are plenty stiff. The weight of the thing is very heavy but the stiffness is only ‘ok’. It would wobble a few mm if you pound yer trigs.

The plastic on mine cracked before it was even delivered… but this doesn’t affect function in the slightest (and you’d only see the crack of you were looking for it).

It’s good. Not great ideal for gigging or packing/unpacking perhaps.