Tuning of analog synths (for bass, etc.)

I’m new to the Analog Rytm (just got it this week). I love the sequencer and I"m having fun with the percussions sounds.

When creating bass lines and other synth sounds, I’m having some tuning issues. I’m not able to get the analog synths in tune. I have not tested all the machines, but for BD FM and BD Hard, the notes are not in tune even when tuning is set to 0, and they do not proceed chromatically in tune when played in chromatic mode. I have turned the sweep and sweep depth all the way down, etc. When I turn the tuning knob, the pitch does not change in chromatic increments; +12 is not even close to one octave higher than 0.

When using sample playback, the tuning knob and chromatic triggering work as expected and the notes are in tune.

Can anyone comment on whether this is this expected behavior, or if could there be something wrong with this unit?

I just found this thread which seems to answer my question…though not the answer I was hoping for :disappointed:

This seems like a pretty significant problem. Wish I had known about this sooner…

Not all machine types are appropriate for “proper” chromatic tuning for the simple reason that these sounds are mostly unpiched, or because they change pitch over time.

Try the bass tom for example, that should work great.