Triggering slices across multiple tracks

hey man - would you care to share a screenshot of your Quneo setpUp?
I followed all your helpful hints. but am getting all sorts of funky behaviour
(channel 6 triggers track 7 for instance. buts its a long list of things I dont understand)

I’m somewhere in the ballpark as i manage to trigger tracks and kinda change the slice start parameter. but cant trigger slices. I know fuckall about midi and can’t put finger on what I’m doing wrong here…
thanks so much!

damn it - i have it close.
i get expected behaviour in the upper left corner of the pad but I’m not in grid mode. any idea to switch it off and have the whole pad send just note and CC17, value ?

(on a only slightly related note: elektron has a mistake in the manual. track 5 is not triggered by midi note (as stated) F1 but by E1… that means track 6 --> F1 (and not F1#)… and so forth)

Hey tasmansea,

In order to control the SCENES, you must send CC56 in the “Pressure” assignement. Note is set to OFF aswel as X and Y parametters. To switch them off, set them to 0 then click down and will be OFF.

Leave SCENE 1 with no effects, this way you press a pad, you get the Scene effect, you release the pad and the effect goes off because it goes back to CC17 Value 0… which selects Scene A. Very handy as behaves like an automation of the Crossfader too…

In “CC Output” select “Con”, and select 1 to 16 for the corresponging scenes… this way you will send CC56 with the exact value to control each scene, each time you press a pad.

I will explain more on this soon, I will share the presets too, but I want to make a video and show it propperly.

Hope it helps!

Sorry got confused with scenes and slices… as this are the two main functions I control of the OT fromt he Quneo…

Like your template, the “Clip view” that you can achieve here, selects the Slice but it’s triggered by the sequencer of the OT, this way they are allway in sync with the track.

The work around is the same than before, Note Off, X and Y off, just use “Pressure” with the correct CC and set Value.

I tried once to trigger the slices without success, and after realising how ridiculously complex is to achieve it (with any gear) or if it’s possible at all, I wrote an email to the Elektron Support asking for triggering of slices via MIDI notes, like many of us… :slight_smile:

Elektron, come one, please! Is no programmer available to finally close this presumably small (because the trig modes are already there) but critical gap?

hey Multiman,
thanks so much for getting back. I got confused by the terminology (pressure)
I installed MIDIOX which showed me what I did wrong

HOWEVER I GOT IT WORKING - thanks to your guys help!
it just requires a weird work around:

problem:
for a 4 slice setup the set up would be in theory value0 -> slice1, value 2 -> slice 2, value 4 -> slice 3… and so forth.
this does only trigger slice 1 though for some reason and I blame the octatrack as quneo spits out the correct data as expected

solution (which would only work for 4 slices max and a sample chain not containing more than 4slices - maybe it works with 8 too - haven’t tested):
value0 -> slice1, value 18 -> slice2, value 36 -> slice3, value54 -> slice4

I always need a gap big enough between the values for the slices. (value18 triggers slice2 BUT if I had value20 ->slice 3 the OT would randomly trigger sl3 when triggering sl2. again, quneo spits out the correct data as expected

this still makes me a happy chap as it does what I intended and quneo in general is awesome and it is for me a huge leap as I now can trigger multiple tracks/slices at the same time . I guess the max number of slices is reduced to 8 though (due to the needed value gaps - which I couldn’t be arsed testing yet… however with quneo some sort of performance mode for the OT is possible and I’m working on a template (tedious!)

I made sure quneo only sends CC+value, note on, note off, (and for some reason another CC+0 - I couldn’t get rid of that one…and latch and return value doesn’t work as expected)

ELEKTRON: please make this work with midi notes or make the OT respond to CC better so we wouldn’t need to custom tailor sample chains short in order to make this working

again - thanks so much for your help!