Trig conditions for Octatrack .. (possible ?)

This new feature for the Analog series is really clever. Would be great to see this implemented for Octatrack too :slight_smile:

[ Mod Edit ] : Just a comment pointing browsers to the thread discussing the news that TRCs have now been implemented, this speculative thread has been closed

Yeah would be great.

Not gonna happen( as they already told so

1 Like

Shame though, given it’s sample nature, I’d have thought it would be the best machine for it.

Was it true about them having no one around who gets the code?

Pure, uninformed speculation.

More like it, it’s an older code base.

The amount of work, and perhaps even redesign of architecture, simply isn’t worth it.

Especially if they’ve got something lined up that might replace the Octatrack in a year or two.

Pure speculation, of course.

I asked support and they replied that they have no current plans to implement this for OT. “The main issue is it is simply not feasible design-wise.”

Thats a real shame as it is such a nice feature, but I guess the OT already has many features that aren’t included on the other boxes.

1 Like

Can’t wait for Analog Octa-stereoTracks…

:smiley:

Sorry

Haha, we shall see…

Where did you hear/see this?

If that’s true I’m probably going to look into selling mine.

I love the the device but if we can’t get something simple like trigger conditions in the sequencer I don’t see much development hope for it down the road.

I love the the device but if we can’t get something simple like trigger conditions in the sequencer I don’t see much development hope for it down the road.[/quote]

They mentioned this in a thread, i can’ t find, that the OT is considered " feature complete" and that following firmware updates will only be for bug fixing purpose. ( Maybe it was the thread about the cool new features for the analog line)

We do have one shot trigs in the OT.

If we can only trigger them with the LFO, we can get some of the similar functionalities using a random or user designed LFO shapes.

It shoudn’t be hard for them to add one more destination for the LFOs.

1 Like

I love the the device but if we can’t get something simple like trigger conditions in the sequencer I don’t see much development hope for it down the road.[/quote]

They mentioned this in a thread, i can’ t find, that the OT is considered " feature complete" and that following firmware updates will only be for bug fixing purpose. ( Maybe it was the thread about the cool new features for the analog line) [/quote]
Yep, I don’t think they will ever release new features except for some bugfixes.

“feature complete” would be a real bummer because something as small like above would make a huge difference IMO

I did ask the Elektron guys about this at NAMM. It’s simply not possible with the Octatrack and won’t be added in the future. No point in speculating further, although I wish this wasn’t the case.

1 Like

“feature complete” would be a real bummer because something as small like above would make a huge difference IMO[/quote]
I hope I’m wrong but I’m afraid they won’t add any new features from now on. Just bug fixes.

Has anyone from Elektron addressed the possibility of having trig conditions added in an OS update to the Octatrack? I really enjoy that element of the A4 and think it’d be a super sweet and (probably) pretty manageable addition to the OT.

Anyone heard anything about this possibility?

Thanks!
C

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s a bummer :frowning:

With lfo designer and random lfo you can make conditional trigs. Combined with midi tracks, a lot more.

3 Likes