TRCs and One Shots not triggering in Arranger with 1/2 Master scale

Only happening when using 1/2 scale in master. “1” scale seems to work fine. Unfortunately the A4 I’m using too is using 1/2 scale and if the OT doesn’t match, then the patterns don’t change in correct time…so, here’s the settings. Driving me crazy for the past hour trying to figure it out.

(separate length per track)
First pattern’s settings are: Part 1; Master Scale = 1/2; Master Pattern length = 64.; Track 6 is set to 32/32, Scale = 1
Arranger LN = 128 (no mutes, bpm changes, etc…)

Second pattern’s settings are: Part 2; Master Scale = 1/2; Master Pattern Length = 64
Track 6 is set to 64/64, Scale 1
Arranger LN = 128 (no mutes, bpm changes, etc…)

I’ve tried this on different tracks and different pattern changes and it doesn’t matter; “1st” TRCs and One shots will not trigger

1 Like

Something really strange is happening. If I use a “2 of whatever” TRC, it triggers as if it is a “1st” or “1 of whatever”.
The mystery deepens

1 Like

Anyone else having this issue?
Seems like it would be noticeable if you ever use 1/2 scale and arranger mode.

I didn’t try to sync A4 with Arranger and different scales but I read about some problems related. Maybe with AR but I guess behavior is similar…

This is just on the OT.
The A4 is only to reference why I’m using 1/2 scale.

I can replicate by having two rows on arranger, both 1/2 master scale.
the first pass on the second row will not play one shots, “1st” or a “1 of #” like “1 of 2” but it will play “2 of 2.” It’s like the first time through already happened though of course it hasn’t.

2 Likes

Elektron support verified the bug, in case anyone is interested.

7 Likes

Not very interested in using bugs in general but that can be a challenge : a song using all OT’s known bugs. :smile:

Bookmarked, thanks for sharing. :wink:

2 Likes

Haven’t come across this yet (and I literally use 1/2 scale all the time), I’ll keep this in mind though, its one of those bugs where you could spend hours figuring out if its user error or not!

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

…and that’s exactly what happened :slight_smile:
I use 1/2 scale and the arranger all the time so I was very much confused by it all. I guess I just never happened to use a TRC in that scenario. Hopefully they will fix it soon as I generally need 8 bars to get my groove on and there is also a strange issue with A4 and OT staying in time (in regards to Pattern change) if they aren’t sharing the same master scale.

1 Like

Sounds horribly painful yet exciting!

1 Like

I knew I read this somewhere :

:wink:

3 Likes

Where did you read that? Is that another user or an official Elektron statement?
edit: ha, just clicked the link and saw myself.

Glad it helped. Though reading your original post, it seems you nailed the bug from the start!

And so I have to raise my pet subject - Octatrack bugs and how to keep track of them, so you can just make music…

Here’s another OT user exploring the machine and its possibilities who runs into a bug, they’re not sure if it’s their own error so they spend time to investigate and narrow down and more time to carefully sum it all up in a post and several kind people get on the case with their time, and and and…

We need a list of bugs, Elektron.

@Ess ?

I had forgotten that I even looked into this one (otherwise I would have helped out directly) So even though I had got this one straight back in May, because i haven’t been 1/2 scaling with conditionals since then (lost in other areas of the OT!), I was just as likely to stumble into this one again because it’s impossible to keep all the bugs in mind (unless you’re @sezare56 obviously!!)

We need a list of bugs.

1 Like

I made a search to find the topic were you posted, without knowing I already bookmarked your post! :wink:

My brain is limited too! I even forget some bugs I found, I search here. :tongue:

4 Likes

:arrow_up: Best advice!

Yes one day I’ll go through my bookmarks for more tips and ideas. Probably 90% @Open_Mike and @sezare56 :thup:

This place is OT manual #2!

#3 counting Merlin’s guide!

3 Likes