Transient parameter bassdrum machine

Hi!
I am a bit confused about the transient parameter of the bassdrum machine.
I know what a transient is and what this parameter adds to the sound but I don’t really get the scale. Is there enough tonal information in the transient to define the pitch? as the transient can be chosen as c d e etc i don’t really know how this relates to the pitch. and if it does do i have to tune the bassdrum accordingly? obviously everything is good as long as it sounds good but maybe it is just me but I can’t really tell wich pitch the transients have.
the manual doesn’t say much about it so it would be really nice if anyone could tell me how to use this parameter properly.

cheers
jens

the transient is more or less the click on the beginnig of a bassdrum … and mostly noise or metallic sound. so my experience is, that it is totally independent from the pitch of the bassdrum etc. … you can also use very short samples as transients.

and … let´s modulate the transient parameter via a lfo … set a trig on each stetp, and let only the tonal part of the bassdrum come true on the steps you would like to have the bassdrum … in between … there now kind of snare or whatever shots … sounds like SPASTIK 2016 :wink:

I didn’t even know that this parameter was a possible destination. Well… keeps surprising me this machine.
First I wasn’t too impressed but the longer I have it the more I like it.

It’s a bit short of background in the manual, but as said, the lettering does not in anyway relate to Pitch
There are 6 ‘models’ (5 with a second less subtle variation) and within each model there’s a range of time durations - the Tic model just has a level adjustment

yes you can modulate that parameter. With the transient parameter there are a lot of sound design options … making hihat sounds, snare sounds … and bassdrums :smiley:

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/analog-rytm-transient-studies/16945

much obliged for these tips! Have to admit I’ve slept on the transient parameter until now…

cheers

+1

1 Like

Thanks for the tips :slight_smile: