Transfer issue

Hi guys,

I have a problem with elektron transfer for digitakt
Digitak is loaded with 1.10 firmware and I’m using a pc with windows 7 64 bit.
The program crashes when I try to transfer lots of samples at once . (like a folder loaded with more than 20 one shot samples)
The +drive is empty on my digitakt
I tried to convert some samples at 16-48 before putting on Transfer but it crashes anyway
The digitakt is set to send and receive on usb only.
Are you able to transfer lot of samples/folder at once ,or do I have to transfer them a bit a time ?
thanks

I transfer thousands at once no issue. I’m on Mac though.

Sorry I can’t be of more help!

1 Like

Search for elk/crunch , it’s a web app
Although I’m also on Mac , it’s a good alternative and should work on windows too.

Same, no issues on mac… just transferred over 500 samples.

PS

No point in converting samples or setting your levels before using transfer. Digitakt auto converts the sample rate and normalises the samples anyways.
In transfer you can drop the files single or batch and drag them all back out again auto converted… quite simple really.

Like I say it’s simple on a mac for me not sure about windows machines

Rob

I wasn’t aware it normalised them.

Yeah that’s what pissed me off… spent a day setting levels on mine between -1.5dB etc then when imported they were all normalised.
Now I just dump a folder full of stereo samples in there and drag them straight back out again to my desktop and they’re all 48k Mono, so I get 2 versions of my packs both mono and stereo.
Try dumping a sample in to DT with -2dB settings for instance then drag it back out lol it’s now 0dB
Well it is for me anyways. Not sure why DT auto normalises but it’s a pain.

Rob

Also just seen this

Works fine for me on windows 8, on a computer that is well below the recommended spec.

But I recommend crunch/elk-herd. It’s way better and a forum search will quickly bring up a link for it.

had the same issues transferring samples.

easy enough, i just tried another usb Port and suddenly it worked like a charm.

1 Like

Link here https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/

Thanks guys , I tried all my usb ports , and that web app crunch/elk-herd
but I still have this problem ,I’ll try with another computer.
Is it possible to transfer samples with C6 ?

What kind of file types are you guys transferring? I typically use 48 kHz 16 bit wav files and I never got any auto-normalization. It‘s good, I don‘t want much happening to my samples anyway, just wondering.

Do you have a DAW installed on the win 7 PC in order to check that it is functioning as a USB Midi Device.
Then you can rule out if it might be a physical cable or if the device driver is installed correctly.
Check your settings in device manager as well, under USB devices, there might be a yellow exclamation mark.

Also check that you are using the latest transfer app that matches the latest firmware update of the DT.
Finally you are selecting the DT in the 2 drop down menus in the transfer app midi IN & Out?

You could also try creating a new folder within the transfer app (top right hand corner) to see if that makes a difference. As a last resort may be try and put the samples in a ZIP folder and drag that straight into the app.

Thanks for your suggestions ,
I tried all of that , so digitakt is working really good with ableton as a midi device.
I tried also creating folders, using explorer and dragging zip folders , but after transferring few files it freeze anyway.
I tryed also with my older pc with the same os (win7) and there transfer is working really good, so I think there is a problem on my main pc.
If i figure it out I’ll write here

And please let me know if you have some ideas.
thanks to all of you!

I recently updated to the 1.1 version of the Elektron Transfer Device. The program lets me select the Digitakt for midi in and out, but when I try to connect it says “The device you are trying to connect to doesn’t support Transfer.”

A little help please.

my problem was solved when I formatted my pc and installed windows 10, so it was a softaware problem in my case.
Do you have os 1.10 on your digitakt? check if your digitakt is on ‘‘usb mode only’’ : system -> usb config -> usb mode only

Yes. 1.8 has a bug where if Channel 1 is selected in Auto channel, it will not work. It was fixed by updating to 1.10. Thanks.