Transfer Application

Don’t feel bad - I almost fell down the stairs rushing down to my basement studio to try it out when I saw this announcement!

2 Likes

I don’t see much of a benefit using this for the AR instead of C6… but am I missing something ?

1 Like

Benefit is the folder managment!!!

3 Likes

Like transfering a tree, maintaining hierarchy ? ok, I understand now why I was not aware of the benefit since I keep my folders flat.

2 Likes

The graphic on the announcement implies to me that the app allows two way transfer, but in the release notes it only mentions transfer to the machine from the computer, kind of really disappointing if after all this time the transfer is only still 1 way.

I’m losing patience with Elektron, everything of the last few years feels half assed and unfinished before something new is released, a lot of people including myself speculated that Overbridge might cause disruption to ongoing product development and it really seems to be the case.

I really hope Elektron can get their act together as I still think they are among the finest music machines ever made, but right now I have 2 machines (AR and DT) out of the 5 that I own that do not have proper backup for user content (samples) and given the amount of time that I have owned them it is beyond a joke.

I have zero interest or a method of running Overbridge on any of my computers, so I’d really like to know if going forward whether Overbridge use is going to be a requirement for Elektron gear.

7 Likes
1 Like

I’m wondering if the release will really be called 1.32 aot 1.40 - especially if it has this new DVCO machine too - we’ll see I suppose

3 Likes

Does anyone know an eta for the OS update for AR MK1?
It’s been a whisper on the wind for like 6 months or more.

2 Likes

IMO, when you start to see longtime Elektron power users like @darenager starting to lose patience, elektron would be wise to rethink their “cards-to-the-chest-come-hell-or-highwater” communication strategy lest they begin to lose support from their oldest fans. Hell, it’s rare that you ever even see @Ess on this board anymore. Clearly they seem to think the power lies in bare minimum communication, leaving the avenues shut for pushback discussion.

I see why they’re doing this, I just think it’s a bad strategy. I couldn’t love elektron machines more - hell, I want them all - but I won’t buy another until I have a better feeling about this company. FULLY intended to upgrade the ARII at one point; won’t do it now, WAY to many warning signs.

Whether or not this is the case, their current strategies carry a heavy vibe of arrogance.

7 Likes

It is inexcusable to release sample transfer for mk2 Rytm before the Mk1. People have been waiting what’s now years for this promised feature this stinks of corporate BS from Elektrons overlords.

7 Likes

I asked a top level guy I know at Elektron and even he didn’t know

glad I’m not the only one finally pissed off about this. I can understand delays or problems encountered. I just want to hear from Elektron. Give us a timetable, assure us its still coming… etc

1 Like

Looks like 1.32 for mk1 is not gonna happen, Elektron wants us to buy the mk2… and they should know what some of us are going to say to that…

1 Like

wow, that is desperate…

This. If anything it should have been released to the loyal mk1 market first. The mk2 buyers have a shiny new toy and would KNOW it would eventually reach them.

1 Like

if they do not release the new OS I would buy a second-hand octatrack rather than give them money for mk2

I dont think they are this evil. More likely is that they haven’t had time to make it work correctly on the mk1. I hope I’m right

3 Likes

As skeptic as I am with Elektron but in this case I’m sure they’ll deliver the transfer app for the mk1 as well. I mean, they gave trig conditions to the OT… Who would have thought???

Sorry for being absent here lately! There is frankly too much on my table to keep an eye on Elektronauts, and I’m actually not a part of the marketing team. Unfortunately, no one has picked up the torch so to speak.

I’ll forward your concerns to our marketing director - hopefully we can become much better at keeping an open and direct dialogue here.

Where is the firmware for the MKI?

The reason why it has not been released yet is that it would break compatibility with the current version of Overbridge, and will therefore need to be released at the same time as the new Overbridge version in the works. This version is slated for release in February.

Sorry to keep you waiting! We are definitely not ceasing updates of MKI units for some evil sales scheme, that’s not our way of doing things and will never be.

31 Likes

That makes sense. Thank you for your support.

1 Like