Transfer Application

goddammit Elektron can we at least get this as a Thanksgiving gift??

2 Likes

If you have Mac you can use SDS Drop! There’s even an update to use stereo samples in the RYTM!

1 Like

But SDS Drop costs £20… Given the price of the Rytm I don’t think it’s much to ask from Elektron to give us modern-day sample transfer without having to pay more…

2 Likes

SDS miss the feature I really want from transfer app: keep folders and subfolders organized. Sample packs like DMD3 with very elaborate directory structure take a lot of work. And the inability to use lowercase characters is another limiting factor for having a well-organized library on your machine

3 Likes

Elektron are so cruel teasing us with these amazing updates but not delivering them for 8 months +.
Would be nicer for them to just surprise us when its ready. Where is that freaking transfer app update also?

Yep, when can we Mac users finally start using samples in the AR without having to buy a 3rd party app ??? (yes I know I can use c6 but the transfer speeds…)

transfer speed is noticeable only when you try to upload 1000 sample at the same time :slight_smile:
When uploading 20-30 sample in the context of a track… it’s less an issue.

1 Like

I completely disagree. Transfer speed is MIDI Sample Dump Standard from the 90s and is pathetically slow and does not belong in a modern day machine at this price level.

Complain when things are established does not give anything. If you like your machine for 90 percent and the sample transfer is 10% dissatisfaction I think it’s honest. You will never find a machine that suits you 100% satisfaction on any points.

+Drive is 1 GB : no need to transfer your sounds library… you can’t.
Just think differently.

The standard midi is still in application in the hardware in case you are not aware. Not to mention SDS, we control with MIDI, we sync with MIDI… so :wink:

I do not find it shocking. For more modern there is the computer, the sampler that offers faster ways to work with the samples. RYTM, is still a Analog Drum Machine.

Who knows, maybe next OB version will gives us more fast drag & drop sample. maybe.

1 Like

What a coincidence. I was reading this topic now and switched to Facebook. This is the first thing I saw:

Attention to “Rytm MKII”. If it doesn’t work with the MK I as previously announced, this would be really annoying.

1 Like

Official thread here …

currently only MK2 compatibility (+DT)

The release note just says ar with fw 1.32 and upwards. No mk1 mk2 difference. Can anyone try this please!!! :wink:

1 Like

Oh, ok. I hope the Facebook post also meant “currently”!

1 Like

watching too ! … IMHO it’s actually bad form to release it for the later device first - it was promised for MK1 year(s) ago, long before the DT or MK2 were known about - however, I suspect there’s going to be a bunch of stuff updated in February as mentioned elsewhere, fingers crossed I suppose

7 Likes

It says it requires OS 1.32 and the latest OS on the RYTM MkI page is 1.31B.

3 Likes

Silly me :frowning:

Don’t feel bad - I almost fell down the stairs rushing down to my basement studio to try it out when I saw this announcement!

2 Likes

I don’t see much of a benefit using this for the AR instead of C6… but am I missing something ?

1 Like

Benefit is the folder managment!!!

3 Likes

Like transfering a tree, maintaining hierarchy ? ok, I understand now why I was not aware of the benefit since I keep my folders flat.

2 Likes