Transfer Application

I tried using the Transfer application while my DAW was open and RYTM was connected. It works great. I can preview and add samples to RYTM during a session seamlessly.

RYTM is connected to Transfer via USB; RYTM is connected to DAW via MIDI.

1 Like

Thank you Elektron.

nice. thanks!

With the file xfer and the new DVCO machines, the rytm mk I can now be considered ”feature complete” (sans overbridge). Massive thanks to Elektron - Enjoy the holidays!

2 Likes

^ yup, transfer has been eagerly anticipated here, great to finally have it, vco is :cherries: on top :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uploaded several hunned megs worth of samples to my rytm today. The app worked without issues, although the rytm was pretty much unresponsive during transfers. If I tried to play back a pattn while transferring, all that came out from the speakers was glitchy noise.

Same here.

I mean Im all for slicing up patterns in interestingways but this was overboard :slight_smile:

I don’t remember C6 doing that…

So i started uploading a pile of samples to the rytm.
At first it was going ok, a bit slow, but ok.
But at some point it became slower and slower.
It’s not the transfer itself, it’s the time between the transfers that gets longer.
It’s been going for 14 hours and still going. But not even half the samples are transfered.
:frowning:
Is this normal? Anyone else has this?

I think it’s by design, the Digitakt does this as well, it can’t playback smoothly while samples are transferred using the transfer application.

crunch/elk-herd is confirmed working with rthm mki since the update, maybe try that. it is much better than the transfer app. @mzero has done some great work

https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/

here’s the thread for it as well

1 Like

Hmm. That’s an interesting thing to try.
Thanks!

They need to add a toggle for running their checksum algorithm. Sometimes I want the SAME sample in different folders, but the Transfer App will not upload the sample, saying it already exists in a different location…

1 Like

Hello all, this is a first post, and in time I hope to contribute to Elektronauts in a meaningful way. Forgive me if this poor introduction is not in the right place - I do feel like I have done my due diligence - but I am a bit baffled.
Regarding a mk1 Analog Rytm I recently bought secondhand:
I am unable to get it to connect to Transfer, despite it being recognised in the in/out dropdown boxes.
Bizarrely, I have managed to connect to Overbridge, despite being on OS 1.45B - my understanding is that I would need to udate the OS to 1.46 (as is offered on the Overbridge page of the Elektron site) in order to utilise the public beta of OB.
Am I missing something here? Should I be able to update the OS via OB?
My Windows 10 machine seems unable to recognise the Rytm otherwise (therefore running the SysEx update is proving impossible), but obviously the devices are communicating via USB.

Am I mental?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

AFAIK you can only update OS via C6.

1 Like

^ That’s also what i would advise to use, but i don’t think it’s as clear cut as ‘Transfer can’t’ - it seemingly can be used if I have recalled official comments properly

C6 would need the AR to be in USB midi mode and NOT the OB mode - i’d check that and download and try C6 as it’s quite useful for other purposes in any case - test offloading a pattern or sound by sysex first to ensure you have good comms - then try to upload a firmware when confident

1 Like

Yeah and if you’ll want to backup your machine C6 is the way to go.

To ensure top speeds select usb only for all in/out options.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick responses. My belief was that C6 had been eschewed in favour of Transfer, in fact I thought I had read that it could no longer be accessed! I have downloaded C6 and it appears to be sending OS1.46_BETA1.syx as I write this. Hopefully this leads to my Rytm connecting to Transfer.

Seems powering off and on again is a bona fide problem solver with this device. Can anyone confirm? Also, accessing from Power-on + Function button seems to work where the Global settings does not. *shrug

Thanks for that info too.

Editing for thrilling update to my minimal plight:

So after a multitude of attempts I have given up trying to update the OS to 1.46 (reports of instability seem common enough).

BUT, after another multitude, and on the matter of Transfer, I restarted my PC, opened Transfer again, and the Rytm connected without asking!

So given that I am now able to drop samples (presumably) using Transfer, and for some reason Overbridge Version: 2.0.12.2 Beta is working despite NOT upgrading the Rytm to 1.46 (!!!), I’m just going to leave it. How bout that. Thanks to all. See you in more inspiring realms. Peace.

For the people still struggling with Transfer and Turbo Speed mode with the Analog Rytm MKI:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=523VDa-giHo&feature=youtu.be