Transfer Application

compare with DT… transfer is fast, but the sound will glitch ^^

it’s a workflow issue. suppose I’m working on a song and suddenly have an idea or sample I want to bring into the rytm. I absolutely do not want to stop what im doing, load up c6 and wait 10 mins for one wav file to load into my rytm

2 Likes

10 minutes for one wav file or damn really ?
it’s huge a bit I guess… 10x switch off probably

What kind of file is so long too upload @j0hnglist ? long loop material ?

not to mention the torture in organizing samples via the clunky folder structure on the tiny display. it’s 2017, drag and drop into a Windows explorer or finder is what the rytm needs. other than this its a perfect drum machine for me but i don’t use it nearly as much as I’d like because bringjng and organizing samples into it is such a workflow killer

1 Like

Hello everyone,I have my new digitakt updated to the latest version available on the site.
Elektron transfer crashes every time I insert input and output devices, is there a solution?
I restarted the mac, reinstalled the program, and made all the various procedures to fix, but nothing.
Thanks.
MAC OS X 10.8.5

minimum 10.9

I think they just updated that in the last day or so?

The C++ Software Developer position is new…

Looked at the careers page within the last week, and all that was there was the generic “We are always looking…” one.

Edit: Last looked on Tuesday

Yeah, including the s^^^^y sample transfer tool and s^^^^y general file management. :smiley:

Honestly, i don’t understand elektron is not ashamed of itself for leaving its users with such unfinished nonsense for so long.

But i’m glad they’re working on it. FINALLY (hopefully) some proper transfer tool that will hopefully be able to tell you how much space is left on the device and other ‘small’ details.

1 Like

I refuse to pay £20 for a simple app that should be offered by Elektron for free. I don’t understand why Overbridge does not have this functionality.

So it’s more a question of principle than a practical problem right ?

3 Likes

2 Likes

SDS drop is nice but don’t import folders hierarchy

Good to hear! My USAMO just arrived and I will set it up within the next days…

Well, no. For me its pretty much a practical problem.

I’ve spent $20 on thousands of dollars worth of useless things, SDS drop was not one of them.

1 Like

I can live with slow transfer and suboptimal UX.

The real pet peeves with the sample handling is backing up and restoring a full project containing sample.

If my AR ever break down or get lost or whatever, I can restore all my project within an hour on a new one… but if any samples were used in these projects, well I only assume that I could maybe get my project back to a proper working state if:

• I had perfectly maintained a mirror folder structure of all my loaded samples on my computer
  • I took notes of which sample was loaded at which slot in every project, and cross my fingers that the right one gets loaded back, or reload them all, one by one.

Very error prone and no fun at all, unless I hire an accountant to do this weekly for me or something :money_mouth_face:

Good luck if this ever happen a couple of days before a gig…

3 Likes

and its mac only. us PC users cant use it

1 Like

right

really? what else will this app look good? I can not wait!

Just as a reminder : for C6 (free app btw) to work properly, you have to set incoming and outgoing MIDI port to USB only.
Make sure you have Turbo speed enable, if not something is wrong with the configuration.

And @Nagualizer : you can perfectly see that none of @darenager critics about Elektron were flagged.
Your posts are flagged not because you express criticism, but for they lack something basic : respect.
Mods and a good part of the Community is trying to set a constructive and respectful tone here. Instead of feeling anger at being flagged, please take some time to watch your own attitude and take flags as indications where it does not reflect the cool spirit we intend to give to this place.

For instance if you have problem with C6 because it doesn’t work properly, seek for help and/or contact Elektron support. This is a more constructive attitude.

7 Likes