TR8S vs Digitakt

Go!

Get both, obviously.

6 Likes

TR-8s - better sequencing interface, more internal tracks, ACB modelling, fx per track, SD card, stereo samples, no sampling.

Digitakt - external and internal chromatic sequencing, no back up of samples, more advanced stepwise sequencing, mono samples, better integration of sample with sequencer, sampling.

10 Likes

Desk realty is running at a premium :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Separate.
Outputs.

6 Likes

Trigger outputs on TR-8s

2 Likes

CLICKY BUTTONS on the Digitakt.

14 Likes

The new TR-8s looks like more of an ease of composing a mix

The Digitakt is more of a sound design piece of gear.

I think the DT looks better from a base level of sound, the TR8s looks more inclined for a high level of the sound/composition.

Both look cool depending on what you’re looking for

The TR-8S has one thing I REALLY want: Ability to back your stuff up with an SD card.

That being said, if you could only have one of them I think the Digitakt will take you further. Chromatic mode helps a lot.

2 Likes

If I have all the x0x machine samples from the samples from Mars packs in my digitakt, should the tr8s even be on my radar?

Is the Roland acb modeling better than samples of the original machine that is being emulated?

Need a tr8s vs AR thread…

7 Likes

Both appealing to me for different reasons.

Digitakt looks more complete for building full tracks on that single unit. Well featured for sampling and sample mangling. Also great for rhythmic and melodic sequencing of other gear. Sample locks and conditional trigs let you create things that sound like far more than 8 tracks and 64 steps

TR looks more intuitive as a drummachine. Would love to use it when working on a track in ableton, for quickly getting a beat going, hands-on, menu-less, recording all outputs via USB with some performance touches. Looks great for jamming drums

The TR-8S is a rhythm performer. The Digitakt is a beatmaking powerhouse with seamless integration with Overbridge.

17 Likes

Yes. Because you can change the parameters.

2 Likes

TR-8S is more tactile; knob per function. Also, more tracks

DT can sequence midi and do sound locks.

DT is smaller.

TR8S suppprts longer phrases without the need for trig conditions. Plus, you can stay on the pattern page saving you time with odd finger configurations.

TR8S allows you to rearrange pattern variations on the fly. Also, more pattern variations than the DT (someone please confirm this)

1 Like

It can sample, but you have to load em in.

Does the Roland have a song mode?

3 Likes

What kind of a lunatic company would build a drum machine without song mode??? :smiley:

10 Likes

More different rather than more, I’d say.

The TR-8S really is rather big. That’s pretty much the only downside I can think of.

Oh and it would have been cool if it could actually sample from its inputs.

8 Likes