Tips on Beefing up a mono synth?

I would appreciate your best tips on how to beef up and widen a mono synth connected as a thru machine. I tried the ot chorus and delay but i dont really get to it. What effects and what settings would you use on the OT. Maybe in need of neighbor machines to get it really fat and nice? Can you make the ot really shine with its effects?

Widen? Spatializer.
Beef up? Personal taste, but unlikely if you don’t like the delay or chorus.

My guess is that there is not much you can do if the original sound/synthesizer is weak. To ‘beef it up’ I think you would probably want a sub-oscillator, which the OT cannot provide on it’s own. To widen it, most of the OT effects will work. The chorus effect can emulate detuned oscillators to some extent, but not completely. Personally I love the sound of detuned oscillators.

Since you probably have a filter already, I’d say:
COMP -> SPAT (on thru)
DELAY -> CHO/PHA (on neighbor)
A good compressor is key to leveling resonant peaks and cavities, lending more overall punch and presence. The OT compressor is perhaps more in the league of “decent” than good, but does the job, with plenty of colouring/grit when pushed.

As another tangent, you can simulate multiple sub-, detuned or harmonic oscillators by sampling and re-playing the thru machine output on additional (flex) tracks. No end to the fun you can have with that.

Here are a few tips on how to set it up:

Can’t really offer any other ideas. But now you mention it an ‘octave/harmony’ for sub/+ octave and detuned effects would be great… With optional wow + flutter + fuzz settings etc. Could also use this to make tracks duophonic with some tweaking etc…