The first thing I´ll do when my Analog Heat arrives will be:

The first thing I´ll do will be put it on my master bus using the Clear Boost with a slight Drive amount, enough to get just a very subtle coloration, then I’ll use the Envelope follower (AD) to inverse modulate the Drive amount, so when the transient goes down the Drive will rise hopefully incrementing the RMS without adding too much coloration to the mix. Kinda a reverse compressor with a twist.

I’ll let you know how that goes.

And what about you? What’s the first thing you’ll do with your Analog Heat when it arrives?

Tell me tell me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Run my drum mix through it and experiment with the circuits and filter combos, then probably run it in a chain with some time based effect behind it,?where I’ll probably use it most for jams…

I deffo wanna run the master through it but I think its uses will be better explored creatively on a track basis at first.

trying to patch it as an extra versatile filter unit for the modular wil be nice too.

1 Like

For sure!

For live usage I will implement it in a way where I’l can dynamically change the track the AF is affecting, jumping from master bus to a single track then back to master (Probably using Octatrack’s CUE function), etc etc. I see a lot of potential constructing breaks and alternate motifs by just changing parameters on the AF.

1 Like

Think i will try to enhance all could be and need to… in every scenario like it was my magic swiss knife…
I see exactly for now what i can get from what i heard and test on the web demo. Subtle is usually the key and it seem to really succeed in that way.

Think i will try some transcient designer, subtle compression sidechain (by trigger or env followers)

Some kind of Dirt Rhythmic coloring…

Try to see if i can divide or double tempo (30 – 300 BPM) for strange Rhythmic purpose (like a delay but elsewhere)

Try some Rhythmic program change also…

Then i guess i will experiment all the other manner with what the HEAT comes. Modulations, Envelope follower… i will try kind of targeting frequency for the processing too should be cool… Maybe try something organic like if the sound comes more alive with modulation on specific, globally… maybe just for some construction parts… (include the filter)

And try to recreating some FXpansion algorithm MAUL (maybe)

1 Like

Probably unpack it…yep someone had to say it sorry haha

5 Likes

Great ideas!
I will try some of those for sure!

1 Like

Well, that step can be avoided if you have a corkscrew and the MIDI implementation chart at hand!

:wink:

1 Like

Damn you beat me to it!

1 Like

Sell it.

I know, I need help.

1 Like

Yup it’s a swiss army knife for sure. It can do a lot of things. It’s only now that I’m using it I’m getting the concept; stereo analog processor.

It’s not a vari mu, fairchild, la-2a, or culture vulture, but it can do lots of things, that I’m only beginning to see the start of.

Hats off to elektron again.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Analog Heat

All you guys talking and demoing the AH made me buy one… I think I’ll try to put everything trough I can grab my hands on.

1 Like

The first thing i did when i got the AH was to run a KORG Z1 through it.

I’m not the let’s distort the xxx out of it guy, but wanted it mainly for rather “subtle” duties.
It’s all i expected it to be and more. It’s incredible, what it does to digital synths.

The range of sounds is very very broad and the parameter interaction and sound is fantastic.
And not just the warmth and thickness you can get, but also the clearity in the bass.
And in each case i could tailer the highs of the Z1 the way i liked them. WOW !

but also the more extreme settings are very very usable ( check the input levels for a broader palette!)
very positively surprised about all the colors.

hat’s off to ELEKTRON, great great job …

now i just need more Channels of this, multiband distortion and M/S would also be great

2 Likes

M/S will be available in overbridge apparently

damn… the Swedes faster again …

nice! ill do that with my meeblips!

OK so the first thing i done is manage signal… like every processor incoming and outcoming signal is where you can do Good things ( if skills Amazing Sounding ) or Crap Sounding.

I find that an EQ between (or Filter like a Low cut at 20-30Hz) to going then in the HEAT produce on the outputs something more manageable and punchy but no surprise at all… Exactly like a Master Chain in mixing in Ableton Live or whatever.

I tend to be in the settings to input sensitivity MEDIUM and i’m not putting something in it at max level (if it’s elektron device turn at max and coming back a bit to not be at max max let’s say 110 on 127).

Also i prefer for the knob in options the mode JUMP to CATCH, i find CATCH a little less manageable it took time for the knob to operate again… going on the dedicated page can help you to re-attach the knob with its functionality (it remembering me MIDI a bit for that but it’s perfectly understandable with Preset saving to get something RECALL in that way, so it’s the behavior i guess)

My first impression is it’s “a sonic beauty and beast” ! Enveloppe follower work very nice. I do not for now investigate much on LFO, CV and creative and fun use of it. Only Sound shaping and get that extra on my master and honestly it’s perfect.

It’s addictive also i would say to… so bear in mind that and pay attention to be gentle. And also one thing i notice is i like more than Clean boost and enhancement only. I like every eight different stereo analog distortion… depends on the materials you affect it each have is own character and are really enjoyable to my ears in real. I don’t feel the same with demo and video but when you are through it’s really pleasant.
Honestly i’m very happy it really worth the price if you know how to shape sound, mixing sound so if you haven’t skills in that territory you could misunderstanding what this device can really ADD. I was looking for master shaper for my live and to me that’s PERFECT.

I will also use it as a processing and creative on more focused parts or sound design on materials not only on my Live master chain. There’s no limiter inside but hey LIMIT Yourself manually

1 Like

Great tip, I was thinking on place it right after the OT,… now I will place it after my MOTU Ultralite where I have already set a High Pass filter on my master bus[quote=“William_WiLD, post:17, topic:32670”]
I was looking for master shaper for my live and to me that’s PERFECT.
[/quote]

I had all my bets on this, very happy to know it worked that way!

Again agree with creative usage on specific parts.
I will use for sure the Octatrack crossfader to control AH’s parameters on breaks, etc.

Thanks for the feedback on your firstimpressions!

1 Like

I did what you all did, but don’t want to admit, cranked everything to 11 to see how messy it could get! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes