The Digitakt Nit Thread

What’s a “nit” you ask? Something tiny, a little annoyance, or a little bug, or a little tiny improvement that would make you go “ahhhh”.

I’m starting this because the “Feature” thread has become a wish list of more major capabilities, and/or what some future device might bring… Whereas here, I just wanted to assemble the little things that Elektron could knock out easily (no changes in HW, no major changes in SW…), that we could see in a 1.02 or 1.03 release.

So keep it small, peeps… :mouse2:

Here’s my list:

• Clear All in name editor - perhaps [FUNC] + [PAGE] - already there! as [FUNC] + [CLEAR]

• Quick Mute while in Grid Record - I spend all my time in Grid Record, and don’t see why [FUNC] + Trig couldn’t do Quick Mute here, too.

• SRC page, TUN parameter should lock to multiples of 12 when holding down [FUNC], not multiples of 24. Or maybe semitones? Or maybe someway to have both options?!?!?!

• Metronome page could use the Data Entry knobs rather than having to navigate it like a menu.

• When adjusting Length per Track, and making a track length longer, bump M.Len if it is less. When I’m extending a track to be two or more measures, I want the M.Len that long as well.

• :bug: Reload Ptn restores the level of a track in the UI, but not in the sequencer: Save a pattern, adjust the level of a track really quiet with the Level/Data knob, Reload the pattern. The LEV value is restored in the display, but the track is still quiet until you touch the knob.

• Add Load to the Pattern menu: Pressing it should bring up a scrolling list of all 128 patterns in the project. I go to the effort to name the dang things - it would be nice to be able to see a list of them all… So late in the set I don’t have guess “Was that in Bank F? or G?..”

• Put sounds in the +Drive for all the factory samples. Otherwise, hard to know what is there without the tedious load 'em up in the project, and build a sound around 'em.

• or Preview a sample in the sample browser - perhaps with the [PLAY] key

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread