The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

New to thread and I see it’s been quite busy. Regarding section 8.4 in the Digitakt manual - MIDI Notes - one thing I’d like to see is the ability to transpose the midi notes where samples 1-8 are triggered, as well as the chromatic playing of the sample with corresponding midi channel. Transposing by octave would be fine, it’s just that my controller does not do midi notes 0-11 (starts at 12), so I can’t currently take advantage of this cool feature.

If I really had my way, I’d love to be able to zone the samples chromatically across the keyboard, a la Multimode with the Analog Keys - that would be the ultimate implementation of the feature.

EEE

1 Like

An option to turn the right input and output into an FX send/return

1 Like

Would love to see a dual filter rework to match the old digital boxes. Could put the base parameter where the HP/LP switch is currently.

1 Like

Polyrythmie
Transition fluide to change in time ,pattern

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Stereo Thru ®

5 Likes

On audio retrigger screen, we really need a ‘FUNC+knob turn’ to skip to 1/8, 1/4, 1/16 re-triggers… at the moment it is waaaay to fiddly, and skip jump is available on loads of parameters already!

2 Likes

Just use the up and down arrows! Only just discovered this myself last night

4 Likes

i think everyone will agree with me here …EQ per channel

10 Likes

aaah… thanks :slight_smile:

maybe a flanger effect

2 Likes

You can even do that if you’re willing to have two channels for one sound. Both are the same, but the flanger “effect” shall have an LFO modulating the start point of the sample. Maybe slightly adjust the tuning to taste and you got a bit of flanging going on. Or do it the other way, LFO the tuning and adjust the sample start. If you want fast motion it’s better to LFO the tuning.
It’s not the real thing with positive or negative feedback and the actual motion of a flanger, but it gets you somewhat close when you need it.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I’ve been away from the digitakt for a long long time, frustrated by bugs and stuff.

Anyway I just loaded up 1.10 from 1.04. I was wondering what I missed while I was away. I saw sidechain compression, that’s cool. Is there a song mode yet? Or a performance mode? Or anything like that?

Anything significant added would be in the release notes with the firmware update.

1 Like

At the vereery least a multimode filter. Having to resample just to cut lows or highs gets frustrating.

1 Like

Having a SCATTER / GLITCH type effect, either on the main output or assignable to a specific channel(s) would be a pretty epic game changer for live performance on the Digitakt.

And SLICE MODE would be nice, but I’m not the first to ask for this here :wink:

2 Likes

I know this might sound crazy but I want a feature so you can lock the digitakt with a 6 digit pincode…so if it gets robbed it is useless .and if you forget the code you can login at elektron and retrieve it via your login only

2 Likes

Not crazy but maybe not too useful either, as for this to be a deterrent the potential thief would have to know about the feature.

Would love to see Kensington lock slots on all expensive gear though.

1 Like

Would be sweet to be able to sacrifice a channel in order to get stereo on another channel. I find atmospheric sounds I sample from e.g. Fieldscaper on the iPad lose a lot when converted to mono. Then one could reserve e.g. 7/8 for atmospheric sounds and have mono samples everywhere else. UI wise this could be complex though so I don’t see it happening :frowning:

2 Likes

:point_up_2::clap::clap::clap: