The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

bugfixes before all please. Make MIDI great again.

4 Likes

-MIDI retrig

• ZOOM on the sample page

• Notes / Pitch as a modulation destination for LFO in the MIDI tracks = It’d be great to have pitch sequences that are not strictly stepped without having to use the pitchbend for midi to cv modules who will only convert pitch and gate.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Some Digitakt newbie questions

Whilst chaining patterns it would be great to just tap up/down arrow buttons to have a particular pattern play more than once before switching. Just simply tap the arrows as you hold the pattern choice before selecting the next.

I know conditional trigs can get round this to s degree but to try things out quickly this method would be easy to use and very handy…

3 Likes

allow the option to play multiple patterns at once

6 posts were split to a new topic: [Moding] Pissheadwizard spamming

REALLY really need to have a slicing function for dropping in loops, or away to sync in a loop. This is a no brainer, its totally missing from making this device 100%.

I’m not sure if this has been requested or not yet, but something I’d really like to see is the ability to have the sample start re-trigger the envelopes with looping samples. This would totally change the game for the Digitakt with regards to granular capabilities.

2 Likes

A marker next to the samples in the project sample pool that are being used, including samples that are not assigned to any track but still are being used via parameter locking, and so on.

This should probably be indicated on the +Drive as well, a tiny marker next to all samples that are being used by any project.
Another marker to indicate samples that are connected to sounds stored on the +Drive, will likely lessen the risk of someone getting a stroke as well.

Or something similar. I’m thinking much of it can be handled via librarians on tablets and computers, but having a proper working sample management on the actual box should take priority here (imo). That shall be all. Carry on, soldiers!

2 Likes

Not just a request for the DT, but for the MK2s as well:

Sequencer zoom in/out

1 Like

how do you do that?

I would love to be able to cue a track to headphones to get some more outputs! Would be nice for preparing tracks while the rest goes out through mains and it would also make it easier to process with hardware fx :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Appreciate the need for differentiating the product line but for £600, this needs a decent eq. Compressor would be nice too. Basic stuff.

4 Likes

A sample input clip indicator would be very useful as I’m never quite certain how hard I’m driving the input. Obviously if I hear unwanted distortion I back off, but a visual indicator would be very helpful. Also, I’m curious if the sample input uses a soft-limiter circuit or algorithm?

1 Like

It’s 24 bit and there’s a level indicator so you can see how loud it is. Just don’t hit the end. No need to record loud with a 24 bit AD converter. And digitakt normalizes automatically.

It does have a lot of headroom beyond the maximum level indicator. So if you hear clipping, you are waaaaay beyond that :wink:

3 Likes

Reverb width, LFO for effects

3 Likes

Ok here I go with my wishlist for the Digitakt.

• Factory samples from the Analog Rytm (Oh how I miss some of them…)
  • 254 sample slots instead of 127.
  • More filters types (band pass, peak and a couple of LP variants would be nice)
  • Global compressor on the master page.
  • Expanded sample editor after sampling with vertical zoom, jump to zero crossing and fade out/in.
  • Possibility to load +Drive sample into the sample edit mode to create a new one.
12 Likes

Nailed it. All very realistic feature requests.

1 Like

No reason for it to be an additional mode, that I can see. ‘Chromatic’ could just be one of the scales on offer, with a keyboard layout like the Digitakt has by default. Other modes would offer two rows, two octaves.
Not to invite comparison, but the Novation Circuit has it set up this way, and it works really well.

My request would be:
Trig monitoring/previewing.
This would play the note/sample applied to the trig, with any p-locked parameters, or the chord on midi channels, so you could preview slices etc.

• Non linear adsr

• Midi arp

• More filter options

• Chorus, Phaser, Flanger

• More bitcrushing / overdrive options

• Midi Auto learn (so when you move a knob or fader on an ex synth, it automatically assigns within digitakt)

• Slicing

• Individual speeds per track (so one maybe running at 1x, with another running at 3/4 for instance)

• Pong on the screen (hey if it’s good enough for Korg…)

Edited to say - ooh more lfos would be great

2 Likes